Tuesday, September 14

You guys are funny!

Yes, Jess, I was pretty sure Dee's concoction might kill me. It sounded too much like stuff my Grandma used to pawn off on us, and she didn't really like us all that much. *grin* (I'm kidding, Dee- well, not about Grandma, but I know you're not ready to have me offed just yet!)

I am recovering nicely from a psychotic case of "Mastodonitis", as Zorak dubbed it. I'll let y'all figure that one out, but let's just say that thanks to enough water intake to make the EPA eye me suspiciously for the drought in the Southwest, my handy-dandy grapefruit seed extract, and the incredible blessings of hot water, the Mastodon is dead and I am on the mend. I just love my voodoo bag. I will never need a "National Healthcare System", which, by the way, have y'all noticed that suddenly we seem to have one (or so I keep hearing on the radio) and it evidently needs to be reformed? Silly me, I know about Medicare, but I simply don't remember the US instituting a "National Healthcare System". Hmmm, odd. Well, my projection: they're getting us accustomed to hearing the term and with our feeble memories we'll soon forget that it doesn't really exist, but we'll- or some will, I should say- be quite gung-ho to get it reformed! Oh, huh? What's that, you say? Yeah, I know. Scary how accurate I can be, isn't it?

I left the computer unguarded while I was curled on the couch, begging for morphine (or death, but the caffeine just wasn't working anymore) and Zorak discovered Scrappleface... I've felt better for a day or two, but couldn't outlast him for computer time. We need another computer or my blogging may be limited to the random monthly entry.

For the past two days, however, I've been reeling from the recent news that we're no longer a sovereign nation and the power of the States has been rescinded and handed over to the UN. It's all good. What were we thinking with this whole democratic republic concept, anyway? What the hell, why stop there? Like the politicians have been telling us for years: we're too stupid to take care of ourselves, anyway. This is for our own good. Soon we will no longer be Citizens, but residents, perhaps subjects. I hope the same people who believe that dear old Alcee will somehow provide a fair and objective monitoring of our elections wake up soon. Perhaps he can bring about a 107% turn out in our elections, too! Wouldn't that be grand? We've been wanting higher voter turn-out for a long time, and the OSCE sure seems to do a bang-up job of making sure elections are fair and just... and, of course, Alcee doesn't have an agenda of his own at all... nope. Extortion and racketeering aren't relevant reasons to deem someone incapable of fairness or impartiality! Pft- silly, silly Freedom Lovers. It's just time to admit defeat and quit dreaming that America has any ingenuity or survival skills left in her at all.

And this is SUCH good news, that I'm sure your Congressmen and Congresswomen came running home from D.C. to let y'all know about these events, is that right? No? But what about "the will of the people"? Ohhh, not OUR people, some OTHER country's people! Now I get it.

I'm still too stunned and particularly disillusioned with all that I have held dear these many years to really blog in detail about this whole treasonous fiasco, but I will do so shortly. Once my bitterness and disgust either rein in a bit, or gel up for a good old-fashioned tongue lashing (which Colin Powell, the traitorous coward, deserves.) That, however, will have to wait. It's one o'clock, and I'm not back up to full steam just yet. I just wanted to pop in and say that I miss reading your blogs and the boards- have I missed anything out 'n about?

I'll be back blogging again soon. The whole morning-blog thing fizzled horribly, didn't it? I'm just not up to par in the AM, and entries fell short of any real depth or zest, even for the random navel gazing. Nobody's navel is mildly interesting before ten AM. Isn't it the truth?

Anyhow, be good to your babies, and get out there and do something good for your neighbors tomorrow!

~Dy

3 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

Dy, I'm so glad you're on the mend. Thanks to you I use GSE for a great many things, but I am still willing to run, crying, for the antibiotics when the mastodon strikes. You are a strong woman, you are.

Now about the news .... what?!? I don't know what you're talking about tell me. I've been checking over my news source sites, and haven't found anything that matches up with what you're saying ... what gives?

Anonymous said...

Dy, could you please post again and tell the source of your news comments? I always thought that I kept abreast of the news, and I have no idea what you are talking about. I would really like to know what is going on. Mary Jo in MD

Anonymous said...

Your reaction to the OSCE observers was pretty much my first reaction too. I think it is because I found out about it so close on the heels of some Democrat lawmakers calling to abdicate their responsibility to ensure the value of our elections by bringing in UN observers as if we were some third world banana republic. However, a little research chilled my ardent spirits.

It turns out that OSCE observers were at our last election as well. It is a treaty obligation, and US observers (we are part of the OSCE) are at European elections as well. They don't have any power except the power to report, and it's not like they would have any ability to do anything about it if they found things they didn't like, so I'm not too worried about it.

-jeff