Friday, September 24

Technical Difficulties

Well, the computer was kind enough to let me know it's dying. That gave me time enough to try to back up the files before it goes under completely. Sort of. There are a few things it seems I will never learn: go to sleep at a reasonable hour the last two weeks before the baby is born, fill the gas tank when it hits the 1/2 full mark, and back up my hard drive regularly to an external source.

As it turns out, the vague period between your first inkling that your computer is dying and the moment it actually dies is not the time to discover that your CD burner is also kaput, or that your photos are too numerous to fit on all the zip disks you own (including cannibalizing from hubby's school set).

The new hard drive is waiting patiently beside my chair. Photobucket is going to charge me double in the morning, I'm sure. Zorak is picking up a new CD-RW at Wal-Mart (while we're in there, we might as well do all the fixin' it needs). It's going to be a long night. Hopefully, though, it will be a productive one.

In case we don't see you until Monday, have a beautiful weekend. Enjoy the fresh fall air (chilly fall air for those of you way up North!) Be good to one another, and hug those babies.

~Dy

2 comments:

L said...

Oh, Dy, you have my sympathies. I went through that with my main laptop, it's even been to the shop in a last ditch effort to extract lose last few giant files and it's still not 100%. Luckily my wonderful mother-in-law was able to donate her spare.

Good luck! Have a productive, successful data transfer and a lovely weekend!

Crissy said...

Oh NO!!

Save those pictures!
My family photos are the things I worry most about losing.

I'm glad you have your wonderful husband back. A home is so diffrent without them, isn't it?
Have a beautiful weekend

Crissy