Thursday, September 9

Birthdays, Trips, Products 'n Stuff

Amy, wickles? Really? You're liking those things, aren't ya? I'm going to have to try them, I really am!

WHY can I not find a commenting utility that will email me when someone comments AND let me know which entry the comment is under? That would make my inbox make a lot more sense. :-)

Today is Jacob's birthday. He's one. 1. Wow. I'm completely unprepared for this milestone, but it's been a good day anyhow. His party will be Saturday, just a Mexican Food Cookout with friends. Jacob doesn't mind (care), but the boys are a little put out by the fact that we aren't observing his actual birthday in a properl manner. I'll get pictures up over the weekend. I was going to post a link to his birth story, but it's no longer on Upsaid's servers, so I'll have to dig through my backed up files to see if it's there.

We took the boys to Spanish with the Wonderful Neighbors, then went to the library. Zorak and the boys are picking up Chinese food for supper. When they get back we'll do "dinner and a movie"~ not traditional Cleaver-style supper, but it sure is fun once in a while.

The nifty new product I mentioned the other day is W Ketchup. Now, this item has created an incredibly violent knee-jerk response that I truly don't understand. We have a free economy, we have the beauty and strength of enterprise and invention that have made the good things in America what they are. We also have the right to support or not support a company based on what it does with its revenues. Yes, the owners have the right to do with their proceeds as they see fit- that's money they've earned. We, as consumers, also have the right not to spend the money we've earned in a manner that is inconsistent with what we believe. Why some people think the road should only go one way is absolutely beyond me. Anyhow, we're ordering a case of this stuff, if for no other reason than that we're absolutely thrilled to see that there are those out there who aren't so cowed by the "you can't make a difference" mentality as to just roll over and whine themselves to death. These guys are putting their necks out there in a very cool way. So, whether you like Heinz ketchup or are boycotting it, or just prefer Hunt's, or whatever your reasons are for doing what you do, check out W Ketchup in the spirit of Free Enterprise and remember that it's absolutely OK to disagree and to do something constructive and productive about it!

Zelie, I don't know which IKEA we're going to... would probably help if we figured that out before tomorrow, eh? Probably college something or other- does that sound familiar?

Anyhow, the guys are back so I'm going to go enjoy a fine supper among wonderful company! Will talk to y'all later!
~Dy

2 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

Dy, did you ever see Star Spangled Ice Cream?

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, James! We share the day! Yesterday was my 18th!