Tuesday, March 31

A Normal Day

Yesterday, we did lessons. We talked. We walked about outside. We did more laundry, more disinfecting, more dishes. We read.

James said he's glad he's read Robinson Crusoe. That made me smile, because he hasn't always been glad. But it picked up, and it got interesting. And he got over whatever mental block he had and found it fascinating. And we both smiled.

John's handwriting is now improving as much as James' has. I need to write a thank you note to the folks at Italic Handwriting. Thanks to them, I may be able to stave off needing glasses for one more year.

Jake has no desire to read, but he sure wants to catch up with his brothers in math.

Emily wants to read. She wants to read everything on every surface, every sign. She knows there's a pattern in there, and she wants to know the key.

Jason's third tooth finally erupted after he started antibiotics. Now three more have come through. He looks like he's wearing a partial bridge.

We'll resume baseball and piano and gardening this week. We'll finish up our history and literature and begin the next round. We'll hopefully make it to church this Sunday.

Our normal. It feels pretty exciting, right about now.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I'm glad everything has settled down for you guys! And sickie season is just about over, so maybe this was the end for you this year.

Anonymous said...

How lovely ~ I especially love the sweetness in your kiddles. From the smiling boy, to the sweet girl who wants so badly to figure it out. My heart is smiling.

Thanks for sharing.

Pamela

mere said...

Aaahhh. Normalcy is a wonderful thing isn't it!

Have a great day!

mere

H said...

Hey you! Thanks for the comments. When did Smidge become Jacob? Did he initiate the change? (He'll always be Smidge to me!)

I know you came to the blog hoping for an April Fool's post, but I just couldn't do it. I've got nothin'. I think I left my sense of humor in Kansas.

Maybe next year. :)

Heidicrafts said...

I'm with Hillary. I'm reading along and I think "Jake? Who's Jake? Did she mean Jase? I'm sure Jase has no desire to read but... OH! She means Smidge."

Melora said...

Okay. Now I have to go look at Italic Handwriting. Travis's writing is dreadful & Ed wants me to do better with Katie.