Monday, March 23

I don't want what he had!

We have all fallen to whatever John had 10 days ago. Yuck. It sneaks up on you, if you're not paying attention (and really, we don't pay attention). For a day or two, you're just not firing on all cylinders. Then, *BAM*, you get a high fever that doesn't respond well to medicine. That takes you down for about about 24 hours, then you're left with a residual cough.

John still has the cough. Jase, Em, Jake and I have had the fever since yesterday. Blech. Zorak isn't sure if he's over the hump, or gearing up (he doesn't pay attention, either). James went down this afternoon.

The Cubmaster said he and his family had that same thing about three weeks ago. Looks like it's making the rounds! So we've quarantined ourselves for as long as there's a fever in the house. I hope we're fever-free in time for the Blue and Gold Banquet!

Meanwhile, the boys have fallen head-over-heels for Retro TV programming. John loves Magnum P.I. James adores Knight Rider, and feels quite firmly that Magnum's Ferrari has nothing on KITT.

Jake, Em, and Jase are just snugglers. Hot, sweaty snugglers. I'm so glad there are two parents, because when one of us is sick, too, it's SO nice to have someone else at least make sure nobody starves.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

mere said...

I hope all of y'all feel much better very soon.

mere

Anonymous said...

Sending get well wishes...my 2 kiddoes are coming down with something too...
Hugs
Kathy

andie said...

You poor things.

John and I just watched Knight Rider on Retro a day or two ago. (I also recorded a Hardy Boys episode that we haven't watched yet.)

Get some rest!

The Foil Hat said...

Ugh, Dy. Feel better soon. I hope you guys don't have to miss the Blue and Gold.

shannon said...

oh- is THAT what we have???? you forgot the cant move off the couch and extreme tiredness that follows for days. my john got the fever on tuesday. adam and he have the cough now - and are moving into the extreme lethargy.it took me 3 weeks to start to feel like I didnt need 10 hours of sleep