Thursday, March 19

And so it begins.

Tonight begins the pre-season tournament. I missed last year's, because I was in labor. As nice as it was to be home, alone, in the quiet house for four days, I'm kind of glad I'm not in the same situation again, this year.

We're going to attempt to put the house on auto-pilot today. Not sure how that's going to work out, as we haven't found the switch, yet. But it's *got* to be around here, somewhere. Right?

We'll try lasagna in the crockpot, since we'll be at the batting cages, then Smidge's practice, then the tournament, and won't be home until way awfully late. Of course, the kids will eat at the field, but somehow Snack Shack food doesn't register in the brain. I don't get it, but it's true. If we don't have food ready for them at home, they *will* be ravenous. (They'll be ravenous, anyway. It's just not as noticeable when they aren't draped over the breakfast bar, claiming they can feel their bodies turning in on themselves, eating their own muscle. Kids are weird like that.)

Maybe I should take burritos, too.

But for now, laundry. There is no auto-pilot for laundry. (Yet.)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I've got a craving for lasagna and burritos! :-)
Just spent the last half hour looking over 2008's posts of yours, remembering everything you guys did, and what day Jase was born on. I had forgotten he was born on Easter. Wow, I can't believe he's gonna be one already! Where did the time go?
love and hugs
dawn

Anonymous said...

Lasagna is the crock pot? Do you just layer it like you would for a casserole? LB is motivating me to update my appliance and branch out into crock pot land. We love lasagna, might be a grand place to start.

Create a great day, enjoy those babies!

Pam

Urban Mom said...

Lasagna in the crockpot? Can you send that to me via my Facebook inbox? I'm *always* on the hunt for crockpot recipies. Wednesday is crockpot night. We don't hit our door until 6pm, and all four of us are starving.

Help me, Obi Wan! You're my only hope!

;-)