Wednesday, March 11

Are you ready for some baseball?

No? Check back in, um, early June, then. 'Cuz I just filled in the calendar, all color-coordinated so I can tell from across the room which child I need to harrass about finding his cleats and helmet. And it's lookin' like... I need to pick colors that go together a bit better.

Blue, gold, purple, and pink. The calendar is a bit jarring to the senses right now.

Or it could be what it all represents. I wonder if it's possible to develop Agoraphobia by being out of the house against one's will more often than usual?

Just wondering, is all. Really. I'll be fine.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive yet to find a color combination on the calendar that doesnt look jarring. It all just looks like the Crayola box threw up on the calendar.

good luck.

I dont know if this will be easier or harder- instead of 4 in baseball this year I have 2 in baseball, one in aikido, and one in swimming.

Dy said...

LOL. I'm glad it's not just me. Although, I did try a cute "wall calendar" once - but all the notes and the highlights added to the design on the calendar made my eyes bleed. The plain, black & white desk calendar helps.

You're going to have to let me know whether it's worse. We only have 2 in baseball this year, which is nice.

We do want to get James into golf lessons this spring. But, you know, it's kind of nice not having to keep the littles nearby at the ball fields when he's so willing to take them to the playground. (Horrible mother moment, I know.)

Anonymous said...

yep- i buy the big old desk calendar and use strapping tape to slap it on the side of the fridge.

we actually got the two baseball boys (gasp) ON THE SAME TEAM! Cant happen in soccer since they keep strict 2 yr age brackets- but baseball has those fuzzy - if you're 6 you can play Tball OR coach pitch. If you're 8 you can do coach pitch OR Minors.

I cant wait.

It will totally throw me for a loop through when soccer starts and I have 4 teams and Mike coaches one- which leaves me responsible for the other 3

The Foil Hat said...

(((Dy))) I will resist the chance I have now to gloat that Danny drives his brothers to most practices and I go days on end in my pj's. I WILL resist.