Sunday, March 8

Behind The Scenes

Man, it's hard to make codeine interesting. Then, just as I was thinking there was nothing worth sharing at this point in the process, I got to pre-register over the phone. And BADABING, I hit the motherlode!

The absolute BEST piece of medical advice I have received thus far?

If you want any hope of being able to keep your panties on, make sure they are 100% cotton.


I gotta tell you, that's a heads-up worth getting, isn't it? If the gown and the fluorescent lighting isn't enough to come to terms with, just imagine getting hit with, "Oh, and we'll need you to remove your undergarments, please." Yeah, right before they knock you out. Fun!

Turns out, synthetics can cause a spark during the lithotripsy procedure, thus raising the potential for a fire in the lab. Really, I stopped listening at that point. Who needs more motivation to check the tags for that 100% cotton mark than the fear of having the fire department called in to douse your butt?

I also got the rest of the low-down on "Being Prepared". It looks *nothing* like the Boy Scout manual.

Shower and wash your hair the morning of your procedure, but don't use any hair product. No lotions, creams or salves. No makeup. No nail polish, jewelry, or accessories. I get most of the restrictions, but then it hit me - the real reason behind these guidelines.

Remember years back when there was a spate of doctors taking inappropriate advantage of patients who were under general anesthesia? Yep. This pretty much guarantees that you will look as unappealing as you. will. Ever. look. while you're under. Ain't nobody gonna wanna get near the damp, scaly, pale iguana dumped on that exam table!

And so, I'm off to divest myself of any remaining bling, and then to bed. Tomorrow we beat the tar out of "Joe". Yay!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

The Foil Hat said...

Death to Joe!!!! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow (although, with much less panic now that I know you'll be wearing cotton panties ROFL). I hope it goes well and they get Joe the first time around.

Jennie C. said...

Good luck, Dy! I'll be praying for you!

Jennie C. said...

Good luck, Dy! I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

oh Dy, glad you can still see the funny side of things :-D ...Hope Joe is sent packing and you will be feeling much better soon.
Hugs and prayers
Kathy

Jenni said...

I'll be praying for you today, Dy--when I'm not laughing about that all important medical advice:o)

mere said...

I'm praying for Dy. I really, really hope this works!

mere

Janet said...

Thinking of you and praying.

Adios Joe!

Dy, your hair. It's to die for so don't worry about looking like "the damp, scaly, pale iguana dumped on that exam table"! A good hair-do can cover a multitude of sins. LOL

You are a trooper. First the tooth and now Joe. Hang in there. It'll be over soon and you will be able to eat and drink and be merry!!!! I wish I could bring you a big meal. Wanna come to Phoenix? =)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I wish I was close enough to bring you a meal and offer to babysit. Good luck and I hope you feel better really soon!