Wednesday, March 25

Crockpot Lasagna

A couple of you had asked for the recipe for the crockpot lasagna. I found it... um, somewhere. But the conversion for the crockpot was so simple, and the recipe itself a bit involved (for my taste) that I didn't bookmark it, so I can't give proper credit. (I will go look, though. Found it!! A Crock Cook.)

The recipe, itself, looked a bit too detailed (y'all know how I am about recipes), so basically, the only change you need to make is this: Just use the no-boil lasagna noodles.

Layer in the crockpot.

Cook on low, all day.

Enjoy when you get home!

The recipe online was for a meat lasagna, but we usually use my sister-in-law's super-easy spinach lasagna recipe.

Aunt Ka'berta's Spinach Lasagna
1 box frozen spinach (thawed, drained)
1 C. parmesan cheese
1 C. cottage cheese
1 C. mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
Seasoning to taste.

Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl.

Cook lasagna noodles. Crack open a jar of pasta sauce.

Layer, in a baking dish:
sauce, lasagna noodles, cheese mixture, sauce, etc.

Repeat until the dish is full, or you run out of ingredients. (About three full layers.) Sprinkle a bit more mozzarella on top, bake at 350' for approximately 45 min.

And there ya go!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Num! Sounds grand. I've gotta get me down to the store and get me that new crock pot and clothes line, and I will be set:)

Pamela

Konkadoo said...

Do you boil your lasagna noodles before it goes in the crock pot if you use the cheap kind, not the kind the link suggests?

I hope you guys are feeling much better. 24 hours of the antibiotics will hopefully do you wonders. Meanwhile, get some sleep!

Dy said...

I don't know. (This is why I don't have a cooking show!) I probably wouldn't, b/c I can always cook it a little longer to soften the noodles more, but there's just nothing you can do w/ overcooked pasta. *shudder* Maybe just make sure your lid fits well, and there's enough liquid for the noodles to soak it up and do their thing.