Wednesday, December 19

Photos, Take 1

This is gonna take another round, I think. Whooo boy. We made a point of keeping it fun......and while that did reduce the stress level, it didn't do much for the quality of the photos. When I got a good shot, it was blurry (my camera doesn't like indoor photography, at all, and I haven't figured out the magic trick for making it behave). I mean, seriously, look at that - I'm not using a 1976 Polaroid, I swear. Huh. And, um, the star wasn't straightened. But I'd happily crop the star for in-focus children at this point!


And then, they figured out that I had muffins, and it was all over...


Emily's watching Elf (we think she has a crush on Buddy *sigh*) and when she gets up from her nap, if it's still light out, we'll try again. I hate to do this, as the children have been so gracious and sweet about it. But you know what, this is one of the perks of having children. They're lucky I don't take them to the Big, Scary Photographer my mother took me to as a child... oh, wait, that was my Uncle. Well, still, it's not fun to have Herr Scary directing the Christmas shots, okay? Someday (not today, or probably even next year, but someday), they'll appreciate this.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

J-Lynn said...

ROFL@Herr Scary!!! I love candid, laughing children shots! They are so beautiful and so grown up!

Jennie C. said...

I love the star! Our angel is tilted decidedly downward...one of the reasons I'm impressed our tree hasn't fallen over yet!

Dy said...

I like the candid shots, too. It avoids a lot of the "Meet Bob" expressions we get from their more formal poses. :-)

Jennie, the star is new. Zorak and I have had the same, non-functional star for 12 years now. This year, we finally replaced it. The boys picked it out, and they love it b/c it blinks different colors. So *every time* I take a picture w/ the tree anywhere in the vicinity, they rush me to see what color the star was in that shot. LOL.

Dy

Amy said...

Dy, I just left a long comment then *closed the box*. Just like that. My brain is not functioning on any reasonable level these days.

We just did our photo shoots yesterday. Aiming for Happy New Year cards at this point.

Check out Shutterfly for some neat collage cards - you could put the nice picture you will get when Em wakes up from her nap in the big slot, and add some of the fun/funny shots in the smaller spots. You can crop nicely on their site too.

Why do you have no redeye? I get it every time, with or without the redeye feature on. Urgh.

Anyway, you pictures are fun to look at - I love watching how big the kids are. It's crazy, isn't it?

Claudia said...

I love it! The kids look great, but I am sure Emily has grown a little more since last time we saw you guys. :-( How do you get you tree to stay that way? Luci picked just about everything off. Only the few special "first Christmas" ornaments are still up. *sigh*

H said...

Oh, I love the photos! Can you make some sort of collage with the goofy photos? Photos with children laughing make you smile just to look at them. :)

H. to the KS

momanna98 said...

Ahhh... reminds me of our photo shoot. I should really post pics of that. My camera hates indoor shots, too - they are either blurry from not enough light, or completely white from too much flash.