Wednesday, December 5

Breathe in...

I'll breathe out later.

OK, so I'm just in a slightly foul mood, and I've got to work it out before Zorak comes home, because he probably isn't making the trek home, thinking, "Boy, I hope she's *really* irritable tonight. It's been such a nice week, and I'd just hate to keep things so bland."

Yeah. Heh. I know.

The periodontist's office called today. They have a cancellation and can take me tomorrow morning. This is good, as it means they can see me sooner (I'd originally been scheduled for January 8th). This is good, as it means we'll have a clear picture and less ambiguity on how to proceed. This is good...

Well, I can't really think of a reason this is good. But I couldn't think of a reason not to take the appointment, either, other than my disgust with the overal dental community, my frustration with the lack of straight answers, and the fact that I'm. Just. Tired. Of it. Yank 'em all and call it good. I'll share applesauce with EmBaby and double up on my multi-vitamins. I don't smile a big, toothy smile, anyway.

Perhaps, if I felt a bit more confident that anybody in the dental profession was shooting us straight, I'd be more enthusiastic about this visit. Or, if not "enthusiastic", at least not quite so Eyore-like. Yes. That's it. Here's hoping the periodontist is capable of communicating in a straightforward manner, whether the prognosis is heinous or uplifting. I don't care. I just want a health care professional who is going to be honest and upfront, from beginning to end. Capable of doing the work would also be a bonus, but I'm starting to feel that's asking too much.

Gah. Ok, ham and split pea soup is on. We've got bread. Gotta make some tea and mix up some juice, and then I think we're set. Perhaps this would be a good time to sort some laundry? I don't know. They day started out oddly, and just never improved. What are your tips for recalibrating on a day like that?

I know! I'll Kiss Those Babies! That always helps. :-)
~Dy

10 comments:

andie said...

Cookies.

(())'s

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Sometimes getting out of the house helps me turn a day around. More often I just scrap all planned activities and get down on the floor with the boys to read and play. The big thing for me is TOTALLY letting go of whatever I *thought* was going to happen that day.

Unknown said...

Dy, I hate the dentist. I have a hard time affording going. My teeth are just genetically inferior. Needless to say, I can't afford to do what the dentists would like to do.

How is it that dentists get away with charging such exorbitant prices anyway? How can medical be sooo much cheaper and then when you have dental insurance it's like a small drop in the bucket?!? I don't get it.

I've actually entertained the idea of going to Mexico for my dental work, but haven't been brave enough.

Ugh!

Emily said...

First, pray. Then take your mind off of things by going and checking out Melissa's blog (especially the comments section)! BWAHAHAHAHA!! Then after you read it call her for the FULL story :)

Hope this helps, a little.

Jennie C. said...

Bubble bath. And the love of strangers? :-)

Dy said...

Thanks, guys. Great ideas.

Julie, we actually have a dentist in Algodones, Mexico (don't remember the state), just by the CA/AZ border on I-8. We know, love, and trust this guy and his staff. If you want more information, let me know. He might be too far for you, but he was great. If it weren't a four-day trip for me, just a one-day trip, I'd be going back there.

Dy

mere said...

I am sorry it's been one of those days. {{{Hugs}}}

Honestly, a little chocolate, and a some tea, and good smells in the house seem to be very good for me theses days.

I hope everything goes well at your appointment, and that you actually get clear, honest helpful answers.

mere

Ernest said...

I start out every dental procedure with the following speech:

"If I ever, be it next week or in twenty years, find out you have deceived me as to the necessity of this procedure, or overcharged me, or screwed me over in any way ... I will find you, be it here in your office or your retirement home in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, or your vacation spot in Cancun, and I will remove all of YOUR teeth with a pair of pliers and a broken bottle of Jim Beam."

This is usually followed by some nervous laughter on the part of the dentist and then I smile to show them that I *MIGHT* be kidding.

Sorry about your upcoming dental nonsense. Teeth problems are no fun, and they are ridiculously expensive. Even with dental insurance. Even good dental insurance.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Dy. That would be super!! I think that I still have your email...would you mind?!?

Melora said...

No suggestions, but I do hope your dentist dazzles you tomorrow with his straightforwardness, honesty, and competence!