Monday, October 31

The Remodel, Day 11

Things were swept. Things were bought. Things were laid down.

Boys were not bathed (but were soaked and scrubbed thoroughly this morning! Ew!)

Supper at the Waffle House. Yum. Have I neglected to mention that there is a Waffle House just a four minute drive from the house? Talk about serendipity!

The Chimney Guy comes on Thursday and that will tell us whether we can camp out there next weekend or not. I hope we can, as we need the extra working hours. The boys would think it's a riot, too. If, however, he tells us that he wouldn't smoke a cigarette near that chimney and we need to fill it with concrete and never speak of it again, well, then that's okay, too. It just means I get to call Northern Tool and buy a cast iron wood burning stove for the living room. *evil cackle*

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jules said...

Hey Dy! just popping in for a little visit...
It sounds like things are coming along nicely with the house- I am so excited for you. I love reading it and can actually feel how it's all coming together. But man, woman, where do you get your energy? ;)

I was excited to hear about your table, too! That is exactly what I have been looking for but everything I have seen is flimsy and fake, with some type of veneer top. I want the heavy-duty, real wood, thick, too-big-to-move-by-myself table! With the chairs and the bench, of course. If you have time, would you post a picture of it? Derick is planning on building me one, and it would be nice to have a visual aid.
Thanks! And hopefully you will be camping at the house this weekend!

J-Lynn said...

It's coming along - wooohoo!!!

I hope you guys have a great Halloween, post pics!

HUGS

melissa said...

YAY DY! You guys are really doing it! I can't wait to talk to you on the phone. hope that y'all had a Happy Halloween. I got pictures....be sure you take a look! Oh, BTW, Savannah had her bow out today, and was practicing. Susan in the Chronicles of Narnia, has brought new life to this skill!

Thanks so much!

Dy said...

Jules, my energy comes from fear. Pure and simple. I have nightmares of the boys heading off to college before this place is ready to live in. I think it's the same fear that allows women in heels to outrun attackers...

Jess, will do. Though probably not as quickly as you. You're really good about that.

Melissa, YAY! I'm glad she's able to use it. Susan was cool. We love her. Get pics, ok?

Dy