Thursday, October 6

Drat and Double Drat (Updated 11:09am, & 12:30pm)

The house air quality test failed.

It failed by so slight a margin that the mold inspection guy isn't even recommending another test. He just says to run the air scrubbers for a piddly 24 hours and it should be good to go. But that stoopid test...

So, he is on the phone with the Hounds to try to convince them to let it close.

Our Wonderful Realtor is going to be on the phone with them, trying to convince them to let it close.

I am considering firing up the brisket and calling in KathyJo's Boys to do a little housecleaning.

Maybe we should move to Argentina and raise some of that delicious Argentinian beef?

You know, in my life before children, this would be where I started seriously considering submission of my application as a mercenary for the Rhodesian Militia, er, "Army". I guess one of the many (seemingly uncountable) reasons God gave me these children could be to keep me from getting sniped in a remote location because I had to go and throw an old-fashioned tantrum. Funny how He works with those of us less pliable souls...

And now we get to go to the outing and smile. When what I really want to do is go to Barnes & Noble and hide. But that's not an option.

I'll let you know more when we know more.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

***********************************************************
11:09AM-

OK, Wonderful Realtor called and said the lady at the Hound Pound said she can't see why it wouldn't close tomorrow!!! (said with cautious optimism, or optimistic caution, take your pick) She has to double check with her supervisor, who isn't in the office right now, and will get back with us with a definite answer.

Today.

We will know.

And the answer just might not be "no".

I don't know what to do with all these hormones!
Dy

*************************************************************
12:30PM -

Jo (Wonderful Realtor) just called.

It's a Go.

We close tomorrow.

When she told me the news, my knees buckled and I had to finish the phone call on the floor. I was torn between crying with happiness and laughing at the absurdity of being there on my knees, unable to get up.

Zorak said it well when he said, "This is it. Forever begins tomorrow." Yes, technically, Forever has been going for quite a while. But in our little microcosm, this is what we have worked toward, fought for, saved our funds and ideas to attain. It has been seven years in coming, and it feels ever so good.

We're off to the Official Thingy and then to Lowe's for some lime and long-handled shovels! Thank you, all, for your funny stories, prayers and positive thoughts, encouragement and mostly, just for your presence. Thank you for not telling us we are insane, even when you thought we were. I appreciate it. I appreciate that we haven't gone through this alone - both In Real Life and through our online friendships. Y'all have helped me keep my sanity. Thank you.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy, whose babies are afraid if she kisses them any more they'll bruise.

16 comments:

J-Lynn said...

I'm so sorry Dy - still praying! Hugs, you don't deserve all this! :-(

Thom said...

OMGosh! Keep hanging in there. I'm praying HARD for you.

Spinneretta said...

YAHY!! YAHY!! YAYH!!! I'm cheering for you Dy, I really am... GO HOUSE GO!!!
I wont stop crossing my fingers until it's a done deed... BUT YAHY!!

H said...

Yay! You're finally closing! Yay!!

But.....is the air quality safe? Especially with your boy's alergies? Is the mold taken care of? What do you have to do so that it won't be a recurring problem?
Forgive me for focusing on mold. I'm really very excited for you all! But I'm very curious about the mold. :)

What time will you close? I'll pray until we know for sure the deal goes through!

:)

Amy said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait for the makeover saga to begin. I like pictures ;)

I can understans why this will be your forever house - it is not an experience ya'll would want to repeat anytime soon.

Amy in Apex

Jacobite said...

DW sent me your link.

We're cheering for you!
I'm sure everything will go just fine, just drink lots of coffee until you've got all the dealing done.

On the mold issue, the key is to upset it's environment. The PH, moisture, amount of light are all key components of keeping it away.

Mamabird said...

Hallelujah! Rejoicing with you, dear Dy.

Go ahead and kiss those young'uns again - a little extra smoochin' never hurt anyone.

Doing my happy dance on your behalf.

Mamabird

Unknown said...

Thank God...that will go on my list today!

So. Happy. For. You.

Anonymous said...

Coming out of lurkdom-WOOHOO for you and yours, I have had you in my prayers and thoughts! Will go back to lurking status-and will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Hallelujah!

But my brothers are going to be awfully disappointed. :)

Amy said...

Do you hear that? Angels singing! Have fun fixin' that place up, girlie!

Laney said...

Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah,Hallujah! There, I think that's good. Nope, one more oughta do it...Hallujah

I am so happy for you!

Sheila said...

Yah!!!!!!!!!!!
Woohoo!!!!!!!

May your forever home stay un-moldy.
I'm so happy for you

Amber said...

Yippee!!! Oh, thank goodness. I am so happy for you and your family - what a relief!!

Staci Eastin said...

Oh, Whoo hoo! Hurray! Hurrah! Hallelujah!

Now you can put down some roots!

Libby said...

Weeeee! Woohoo! Fabulous! Fantastic!

(Um, you DID CLOSE, right? Some of us still have our fingers crossed for y'all...)

Blessings on you and your house. :)