Sunday, January 18

Now She is Three

"...and Four". And still convinced that she will "soon be Jacob". (Which explains her insistance that she just get two years over with in 2009.) I love the hope that will not give up; someday, she will catch up.

Such a sweet girl. We are in no hurry to divest her of her hopes and dreams. They'll grow and change, as she does, and my biggest hopes for her are that her hopes are always bright, and her dreams are always wonderful...

That her brothers can always make her smile by knowing exactly what she needs (or wants)...

That she always believes she can do it, she can help, she can figure it out...

That she doesn't develop an unhealthy shoe attachment... although those are some pretty darned sparkly, happy-making shoes, there.


I hope she always has kisses in the morning, laughter in the day, and roses in winter.

Happy 3rd (and 4th) Birthday, EmBaby!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy
(And I have to admit that while we were arranging the cupcakes on the platter, I kept saying to myself, "These are cupcakes on a plate. They are not a cupcake cake. They are not a cupcake cake. She wanted cupcakes, and these are individual, separate cupcakes, not cupcake cakes...")

10 comments:

Kathyb1960 said...

OH she is so cute! I love it that she already gives her brothes what-for!

Hey! If anyone can get 2 birthdays in one year, she can do it! HA HA

But she is really a doll!

OH, this is kinda off-topic, but whatever became of your water issues with your "lovely" neighbors?

Konkadoo said...

Oh, how fun! I LOVE three year old little girl birthdays!

Dy said...

Cheryl, I do, too! :-)

Kathy, thanks. She's a joy!

On the water. Ugh. Long story short, that's one of those things I try not to think of. We've killed a trencher, a tiller, and just about did myself in w/ a shovel, trying to dig up that line. We haven't covered half the area where the tie-in could be. But I had to recover, and we're saving up to rent more equipment.

In the meantime, however, the first full billing cycle immediately following Zorak's meeting w/ the neighbor (the one where Zorak was digging and told him we are paying for 8,000gal./mo. that we cannot account for), the water bill dropped significantly. It hasn't gone over 4500 gallons in any one month since then. That's not to say it can't. But it hasn't. Not since they knew for sure that we knew, too.

So. Yeah. It's not resolved, but nothing short of getting some kind of equipment in here that won't strip out in digging up the line, or just laying the new line (which is the plan, eventually), we're at a bit of an impasse for now.

Thanks for asking. :-) I need to do another Forever Home update, huh?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, EmBaby!

She is getting to be such a big girl. It seems like yesterday she was just a wee-one. And what a beautiful little one she's growing up to be.

~dawn

Jules said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl! I love the look on her face when she sees the M&M's! Funny - that's how I look when I see a bag of those myself! :)

Anniesue said...

Happy birthday to your dear, sweet girl!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Your mama sure is sweet to make cupcake roses for you. And I think the sparkly shoes are pretty wonderful, too.

Dear me, Dy, those pink shoes are going to make me have to have another baby. Just in case it might be a girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Wow, time sure does fly. It seems she was just born the other day.
To think Jason will be one soon! I am so glad that Sophie will not have a 1st birthday this year, but waiting for four years to celebrate will be a bit odd. Just kidding. We will celebrate on the 28th. It just has gone by too fast. She is starting to walk now and it makes her seem so grown up.
I love the sparkly shoes too. My Lorelai, wears her sparkly shoes all of the time because hers are red and she is prepping herself to play Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz someday. :O)

Amber said...

Wow, Happy Birthday, Emily! Amazing to think that she's three already... but if Gregory is already three, then Emily must be too! *grin*

It is these birthdays that make me remember just how long I've been reading your blog!

mere said...

Happy b-day again!

I have pics up now...go see!

mere