Thursday, January 8

Back to School, Part II

The Christmas break is over. We're halfway through our first week back, and all is well. Mostly. The boys aren't "thrilled" over being back to their studies, but they are tickled to see they haven't forgotten everything (yay!), and they've had good luck so far with getting their things done so that they can still enjoy the afternoons. By Jove, I think they've got it! (They may lose it again in a few weeks, but for now, we'll just go with it.)

In looking back through this year's curriculum choices, I have to say there have been a few stand out winners.

Italic handwriting rendered James' work legible at first glance. In just four months! *sniff* That's like a little gift from Father Christmas, just for me.

Artistic Pursuits, and Meet The Great Composers were two other winners. A great program is only a great program if you'll use it, and these two made it easy to include art and music history in our regular schedule. So happy, we are. So enlightened. *giggle*

Of course, I may request my official MUS-Cultist card with my next math order. But then, y'all already knew that about us.

That's about it, on the round-up.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need my MUS-cultist card too! I think you can get paid for that, it's called a rep. Plus think of all the fun travel to Homeschooling conventions you get to do!

Jules said...

We love MUS too. I wish I had it when I was a kid - maybe I wouldn't be such a math wimp! :)

Glad to hear school things are going well. I might have to check out Meet the Great Composers. Classical music is one of my "I love it and I want them to love it too" things.