Sunday, June 12

We're dot feelig tho well. I thidk we're thick.

I've been exhausted as of late anyway, but today I was downright narcoleptic. One minute I'm folding the wash and the next - *poof* - I'm face down in the sock pile. The last thing I remember before lunch, I was reading a book - the next thing I knew, I'd drooled all over the bit about anaphylaxis. Great. That was on the front porch. I really hope nobody walked by during that time.

At some point, I sat on the couch and that was a bad, bad idea. John curled up on the couch with me and we slipped into a blissful incoherent doze.

I slept so much today that Zorak took photos of the cute things the boys were doing so I could see them tonight. What a guy!

The boys are faring better. I don't think they've eaten a full meal all day, but they don't seem to care. They are drinking plenty of water and aren't lethargic, though, so it's not time to worry.

Zorak made little glider planes from egg cartons and the boys spent a couple of hours outside today, lost in boyish glee.

We *ahem* compared tractors and attachments. Ha. I laugh only because this, from a woman who ten years ago didn't understand why on earth anyone would want to own their own welding machine, really shows how much things can change.

I didn't put together lessons for this coming week. I didn't make it to Costco or to the library, and we definitely didn't go to church. All things we needed to get done, but not at the expense of making anyone else sick. Especially not with whatever this is.

I did try to do the Mommy Story thing tonight, but all I managed to do was make John cry - violently. I didn't expect James to ask if the dog was dead now... *sigh* SO I followed it up with a comic "The Most Horrible Dog in the World" story - a little redemption from that, but the sniffles that continued for a while anyway really made me feel bad. Stories from the imagination probably need to stay in Daddy's realm from now on.

Enjoy a beautiful week with your family and loved ones! Kiss those babies, and don't catch what we've got!

~Dy

7 comments:

Kim said...

Hope you are all feeling better, soon!

melissa said...

Yeah. Sleep girl, you've earned it and you need it. You'll snap back with more energy than a hyper-active dachsund in no time! Sleep....Sleep....

J-Lynn said...

Hope you all feel better soon. Sounds like the boys thought it was a cool day AND you got some much needed rest. Hugs! Oh, share those pictures! ;-)

hornblower said...

Hmmm. The last time I was that tired, I was pregnant.

Jules said...

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well!! Get better soon- your boys are gonna need you on tick patrol before you know it! ;)

Sheila said...

Goodness gracious...now you're sick too. Getr some rest and stop scaring the children. ;)

Says the woman who played "got your nose" with a child who ran off screaming. It wasn't my kid either. (yikes)

LH said...

Hi Dy!

Sure hope you are feeling better!