Wednesday, October 6

Snot-nosed Kids

Nope, not a rant about feral children. It's mine. They're not snot-nosed :: feral, they're snot-nosed :: stuffy-chested, lethargic, snot-infused, running a fever (each one- would that be fevers, plural?) In all, I have three very miserable little ones on my hands.

I've spent the majority of the afternoon trying to convince myself that it's probably just a 24 hour thing. I think I'm lying to myself. The conversation has gone like this:

They were a little punky way back on Friday, remember?
yes, i remember
Monday they had the snuffles and sniffles and started slowing down, remember?
yes, I remember
Yesterday they were all but slugs. Slow-moving, snuggly little slug-like creatures who napped like the wind, remember?
yes, I remember

Wow, it's been a long 24 hours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your little guys feel all better soon. My 12yo is pretty much snot-nosed all the time. He has allergies, and they're bad in the fall. Today, he was doing some kind of weird snort-snuffle-jerk thing with his jaw in order to "pop" his ears. I'll be glad for the first frost. Maybe it'll kill all the little molds and stuff that are bugging him.

Hang in there! Praying you don't get it next!

Kim in ON

Anonymous said...

Chiming in. We too, are snot nosed and sore throated. It's been hanging ever so slightly over us the past 2 days. Annoying.

Anyway, I just read about boogers on Dave Barry's blog, and thought I'd pass along the absurd (to cheer you up) since snot seems to be the topic du jour today:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/040929/1/3nfhs.html

Hoping your home is healthy soon!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hope your boys feel better soon...of course, by that time you will have caught whatever they had. At least that's how it works around here.

Rebel

Amy said...

Uh oh - it's been awfully quiet at Classic Adventures. Hope you are all better soon.