Friday, October 29

A Quiet Day of Preparation

Our beloved Zorak will return this evening; exhausted, I'm sure from a week away. We've had a nice morning thus far of preparations: tidying, wash, and freshly made muffins (using spelt flour, which, for the record, doesn't rise as well as I anticipated and I didn't think to use honey, hmmm- they did taste quite good, though), and we are now settling down for some enjoyable reading time and a light lunch in a bit.

Off to discover a good recipe for supper. We're frighteningly low on meats at the moment, and Zorak would think we didn't want him home if I were to prepare a meatless meal for his return! So, the ads are in the paper and if we can find something that sounds scrumptious, we'll be off to the market for supplies and home to create a warm, inviting smell to greet him at the door- along with the delighted squeals and toppling hugs of three happy children.

Probably no blogging tonight, but I hope you'll understand.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Linda said...

We understand! May the joy of the Lord be your strength this weekend, Dy!

Kim said...

Dy, have a wonderful reunion with your hubby! Cuddle and keep toasty warm.
Kim
PS I looked at my comments and I saw your note. What is "LMBO?" Sorry, I'm kind of obtuse.

Linda said...

Kim, I think it means "Laughing My B*tt Off". ;-)