Sunday, October 24

Less Inspired

Ah, I ought to have blogged about stories and telling and such while those thoughts were busy tearing their way through my mind. They were clear then (as if something that's tearing at you could be somewhat vague and fuzzy?)

Finished The Dark Tower. Now munching on Shirley Hazzard's The Great Fire. Chick-lit with big words? I don't know. Not far enough into it yet to say. *shrug* We'll see. I did find it interesting, however, to stumble upon a direct reference in King's book to Hazzard as a writer whose words demanded to be read, held importance. My eyes flicked uneasily over to her book, lying in wait, and I thought, "Well, alrighty then."

Today we trimmed boy hair and ran many loads of wash. We purchased costume fabric and notions. We thoroughly enjoyed the boys and one another. Zorak prepared for another trip. I am tempted to whine, but really, this is not bad. A friend's hubby is gone much more frequently and she has managed not to develop a maniacal tone to her laughter yet, so there's hope for me, right?

More books waiting for us at the library. Happy Mom!

The National Zoo is calling us. This means a train ride. Happy Boys!

The days are beautiful and deeply chilling. Miserably unhappy WonderfulNeighbor.

I feel almost guilty for being so enraptured with the weather lately. (However, she can now wear a size four jean, so... it's a fair trade.)

The boys are enjoying their new hoodies (hooded pullover sweatshirts).

I am somewhat envious. They look so snuggly and warm in there!

It's almost one. The last load is drying. Zorak wants to check his email, so I am going to sign off. However, hopefully there'll be a lull tomorro in the roar that is our daily life and I can blog more coherently about the stories...

Dy

1 comment:

Kim said...

Dy, my hubbie is going away for a bit, too. Tonight, when I snuggle into my toasty bed, after I've read some more of Eats, Shoots and Leaves, I'll say a little prayer for you and yours! Blessings!