Tuesday, December 2

Thanksgiving Pictures

John learned how to make carved flowers. I didn't get a picture of the end result because, well, because I have five children and some of them were puking and somehow, "grab the camera!" just doesn't spring to mind in that situation. However, the lure of carving was enough to drag him off the couch. You can tell he doesn't feel well, but he's also content.

Jase learned to crawl. Whether it was an attempt to keep up or get away, we aren't sure. He had a really great time, though. (That's a cousin Em's age who's "helping" him along. Or thwarting his escape...)

James is still working on perfecting The Ultimate Camera Smile...

Cousin Veronica VERY graciously allowed her stash of non-shattering ornaments to be used by all. I'm thinking we'll need to get a box of these this year, because I just don't think it'll go so well with Grandma's glass ornaments...

We pulled up to find the porch lit with luminarias. It was a warm fuzzy. It's nice to have family out here that loves the traditions from back there like we do. (I also love that these are electric. Adobe isn't such a fire hazard, but out here, where everything's made of wood, it's nice to avoid open flames whenever possible.)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Meliss said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute!!! Those eyes! Those dimples!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those kids are so darlin. You can just feel the joy. The picture of your "crawler" and "cuz" is especially delightful. I agree with Meliss above, those eyes and dimples make a heart sing.

Thanks for sharing,

Pamela

Needleroozer said...

I just bought some of those luminaries this weekend- now I really want to get them up!

Is it just me, or do John and Jacob have matching dimples?? I am with Meliss- your kids are just getting prettier every day.

I got the nasty bill paid, and deposited money into the savings account! Can't even remember the last time I did that! Thanks for the moral support today- it was nice to talk to you.
LB