Monday, December 29

Wha--?

It's nearly next year! My Event Smidge broke. It's buried somewhere beneath the Playmobil and the bean bag, neither of which I've been able to extricate him from for the last few days. So that means that at the end of the day, when I look quite bleary-eyed at the computer and think, "Ah, I can blog tomorrow," it means I have no. clue. how long it's been since I blogged. (Ya think?)

Oh, I do hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Or Solstice. Or Hannukah. I think we've even blown off Learn a Foreign Language Month since the last time y'all heard from me. Yeesh. But ya know what I've been doing?

Eating leftovers. (Leftover sirloin and roast asparagus beats the snot out of leftover turkey, I don't care who you are!)


Stealing bean bags from small children. (When Granny ok'd the buying of the bean bags as her gift, I SO should've angled to get me one, too. Do you remember how much fun they were when you were a kid? They're just as good when you're a grown-up, too! Zorak and I dragged them into the playroom to watch a movie, just the two of us, the other night. Totally fantastic gift, if you're looking for something to give.) Me-Tae figured out that if you stack two of them, you have a decent fascimile of a reclining lounger. Emily has napped in her bean bag every day since Christmas. It's the cutest stinkin' thing I've seen since... well, there's just an enormous amount of cute to trip on, around here.


Eyeballing the tree. And, for the first time in over a decade of Holiday Festivity Negotiations, I do believe I beat Zorak to the "let's take the tree down now" speech. Yeah, he couldn't believe it, either. But then, it went up before Christmas Eve. There was no harrowing search for a tree, no coughing up money better spent on chocolate, no delightful Festivus-style Airing of Grievances over decorating, and so... I'm sated. Content. Got my fill, and am ready to put my bookshelf back by the couch, where it belongs, thanks.


Then there's the cleaning. But that's not pleasant to discuss. And it never lasts long enough for me to provide tangible proof. But we had company on Christmas, and then again the day after, and then we're going away for a bit. So. You know, that's more cleaning than any one person should reasonably do. Ever. And that's all I'm going to say on that topic.

And right now, that's all I'm going to say, in general. Not because I don't care, but because it's cold, and Zorak just got the fire going, and it's warmer over there. So. See you tomorrow!


Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You NEEDto have a brined and fried turkey. Eating that as leftovers is SOOO way better than roast. Plus there's always the excitment of frying something that big:)

Melora said...

Love your Christmas pictures! I had a bean bag when I was a kid -- I'd forgotten all about it -- and it Was a great place to sit/lie! This is the first year Ed Hasn't taken down our tree the day after Christmas. He says we can keep it up 'til Epiphany! All the chocolate is already gone, though.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

That last picture is awfully sweet. I don't have any great Christmas photos this year because my oldest is in an "I refuse to get my picture taken" phase!

Jennie C. said...

I can't believe your event Smidge broke already. Those things are SO unreliable!

But I'm really glad you all still having a merry Christmas, yes I am. :-)

(Delaney's been asking for a beanbag for a couple of years now. Maybe this March will be her lucky birthday.)