Sunday, December 14

The Play

It was a long, long, LONG day. We arrived at 9:30 for rehearsals (which they didn't have - they just put all the kids in Sunday School), stayed through most of the service (lovely musical service), and then slipped out early to feed the kids (they gave everyone an hour to eat, but we ate at the buffet and that takes us two hours to really do it right, and the only other food the children would be offered between noon and eight PM was going to be hot dogs, so we intended to do it right).

In retrospect, this may have really angered The Powers That Be, as not one person was so much as *civil* to me when I came to help serve supper - a task I'd been asked to do earlier in the month. Whatever. It was worth it. The boys made it through pretty well, and Smidge really enjoyed his lunch...


The boys all did a fantastic job. We can't believe Smidge hung in there. I fully expected him to burst into tears and just sit down at some point. (They'd scheduled in a "nap time" - I think, actually, it may have been an awkward attempt to placate me after I'd expressed dissatisfaction with the schedule of keeping the kids at the church for the entire day, without the option for the little ones to rest before the busy evening. Anyway, then they were surprised that nobody napped. Der. Talk about a monumentally bad idea!) But, he didn't fall over. He didn't cry. He really hung in there, and he is so proud of himself, too.

James and John nailed their parts. They were clear, strong, and obviously enjoyed the whole thing.


EmBaby danced, made up her own hand movements, and kept Me-Tae apprised of every step. "We are going to sing another song! We are going to see a movie!" (One of the songs had a video accompaniment.)


Jason didn't fuss a bit. He was his typical happy, complacent little self. Can't ask for a better evening than that!


And just for fun, to round out the photos, Smidge and Em were so happy to see each other again at the end of the day!


Oh, I love those babies! And we're so glad we stuck it out for them. They will enjoy these memories for a long time. Good stuff.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture of Smidge and Em is priceless!!! I'm so glad the boys had so much fun! You are SUCH a good mom for sticking that out, seriously! When they whine when they're adults you can say, "I did the best I could and sacrificed a lot. That pagent in '08 in fact..." Case in point. ;-)

Hugs,
Jess

Konkadoo said...

Woo-hoo! Good job boys!

I bet you're thrilled on many levels tonight. Enjoy it.

H said...

How could I have forgotten! Yesterday was the big day! The pictures are great. And they got to use the cordless mikes! Woo-hoo!

I'm glad the day went so well.

Hillary

Meliss said...

Oh, that picture of John with Jason smiling behind his thumb is just precious!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know I've said this before (probably many times), but you and Zorak make the most beautiful babies ever! You should have a dozen!
So glad that the play went well.
Whew! You made it!
hugs!
dawn

Jenni said...

Yay! You did it! And now, it is done. Yipee!

I love that last photo of Em and Smidge. So sweet! Isn't it just the best feeling to know that your kids are each other's best friends?

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

So glad it is over (for your sake!) and that the kids did so well. And I agree with the other commenters - those pictures are darling.

Rebel said...

I said it many times, but you have BEAUTIFUL children. Way to go boys (and Mom) for making it through the day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what precious pictures! What precious memories.

Now time to dump the church, eh?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out! :-O

~sdWTMer

Jules said...

Did ALL the kids have those cordless mikes? Man! That must be some church! How could you ever think of leaving it? ;)

Honestly, that sort of stuff makes me crazy. I don't know how you've done it - without banging some heads! :)