Saturday, December 13

They're Going Out!

OK, no pictures. No cute, funny year-end letter. Just a card. And a personalized note. And the knowledge that I love you enough to just get it in the mail, already.

Aunt Jo Ann sent me an address book. What a cool idea, and yes, I needed one! Just one of those things I kept putting off - I have no idea why. So, I broke out my little box of envelope corners and bits of paper, and transferred everything into the book. I feel so grown up. *snort*

However, my stellar bits-and-corners method of keeping track of mailing addresses has proven to be somewhat lacking (to say the least), and so, if I *should* have your address (meaning, if I've ever had it before, but you haven't heard from me... or if you've moved since last I feasibly had it) it's safe to assume I haven't still got it, and would really like to include you in my New, Grown Up Method of Keeping Track of People I Care About. So, um drop me an email.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Good for you! I gave up on getting Christmas cards out this year. I'm hoping that people will remember that I had a baby instead of buying cards. :)

I like your New Grown Up Method. You always make me smile.

Jennie C. said...

Email? Nah. I'm just gonna send you a new envelope corner. :-)

pilgrimama said...

So funny! I have that feeling too sometimes-wow,I feel so grown up finally being organized enough to actually do things the way "normal" people do it! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just because you've decided to be a grown-up don't be making fun of those of us who still have to rummage around for little bits and scraps to find addresses.
P.S. I'll be calling Monday to ask you for your address for your card:)

Konkadoo said...

A book... to keep addresses in? What a weird idea. I've heard of something like that before, long ago.

I wonder what it would be like if it were all neatly packed in one spot? Like a book. Hmmm...

You can put me in your book and I'll lose your information on my computer files somewhere. (My preferred inferior method.) Sound good?