Monday, August 7

*gurgle* Going under for the third time

We've been without a computer since the last time I blogged. I hit "publish", and that was the last task I was able to accomplish. I would love to harp on the planned obsolescence of technology, but really, how much dust can you cram into a fan before it stops working altogether? *sheepish grin* It's up and limping along right now, but I'm going to have to go cannibalize a power supply from one of the old computers in the basement. Probably need yet another hard drive, too - it seems those things can only get so hot before bad things happen.

This past week has had me wandering about, absolutely awed that two fully functional adults can manage to drop the ball so incredibly often. It's just... well, stunning, really. I guess I should be glad Zorak and I are well-matched, but then I look at the children and feel I ought to just apologize now for the trouble they're going to have in the future. Pesky things like deadlines, appointments, renewing things on time... it's gonna be rough, because they didn't have even one parent from whom they might inherit some kind of propensity for juggling these tasks. There is no genetic foundation upon which to improve, folks. Our best hope is that they will find (and somehow attract) OCD-driven first child spouses who can help make up for this.

So, tags renewed, premiums paid up, checkbook balanced, groceries purchased, appts. made, yeah, yeah. Dull, dull stuff. But it's done. And I still get a thrill out of doing the laundry in a rain storm or late at night. Small bodies tucked under soft blankets let out contented sighs when we kiss their little brows. They'll bicker again tomorrow. We'll probably forget another deadline. But it's okay. We're together. Life is good.

Tons to blog, but it's late. It just felt good to get back online tonight. But the sun will be up soon, and with it, the small ones. So I'd best get going.

Kiss those babies
~Dy

2 comments:

Melora said...

Sorry about the computer. The computer that our kids use, which worked perfectly when it was mine, now sounds like an airplane about to take off when it's running because the fan runs so hard, and I vacuum out the dust fairly regularly. It might not be your fault, anyway. (I keep wondering if something could be "fixed" on it, but having tech guys out costs a lot.)
I know what you mean about feeling bad for passing along to your kids genes for being absent minded and disorganized (although I have never read anything here that would made me think you and Zorak were either of those). My hope is that my kids inherited some genes for being methodical, prudent, and organized from their maternal grandparents. So far, there is not indication that these good genes skipped a generation and will reappear in my kiddos, but I'm still hoping!

Anonymous said...

Dy, when you post about all that you get accomplished, I would never guess that you ever drop the ball! Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not the only one who realizes 3 weeks later that those library books and moves should have gone back 'a little while ago'. Squid and I have a deal -- I don't bug him about traffic tickets and he doesn't bug me about library fines. We bug each other about the bills!