Tuesday, May 10

I don't want to do that again!

The amorphous blob that is everything we own, strewn in boxes here and there, I can handle. The dust on everything from being boxed and moved, I can handle. The total upheaval and chaos that has been the last two weeks, I can handle. But I never want to be without internet access again! Here's an excerpt from conversations in our home:

John- Mommy, has anyone taken pictures of the Nazca drawings?
Me- Oh, yes, Sweetheart, I'm sure there are pictures of them.
John- Can we see them?
Me- Sure! Let's look them up on the computer... um, when we get it reconnected.

James- Mommy, when surgeons amputate an arm, how do they reconnect the arteries so the blood doesn't pool at the bottom of the stump?
Me- Wow, great question! I don't know, but why don't we see if we can look it up?
James- *uncertainly* On the computer???
Me- Uh, yeah. *pause* You know, when it's hooked up again.

*phone rings*
Me- Hello?
Relative- Hey! Did you see the pictures of Bobby I sent you?
Me- No. Where did you mail them?
Relative- I emailed them.
Me- Oh. Then no, I haven't seen them. But I'm sure he's adorable.

Zorak- Honey, did you pay the insurance bill?
Me- Erm... um...
Zorak- Let me guess, you pay that online?
Me- Yes... but that one didn't get paid before we left.

Zorak- Sweetheart, when is your next article due?
Me- *blank stare* I have no idea.

All-in-all, I can't complain. Life is great and the move has gone exceedingly well. But man, oh man, do I miss the internet! We have a lot to look up and do this week!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so glad your move has gone well and you and yours are getting settled. I missed you having internet service also :)

I know what you mean about it. When we have power outages we are generally okay with it. We can find things to eat and to do, but then we look at the computer and start having withdrawl pangs.

Glad you are back.

Amy