Monday, July 26

Mid-Monday Tidbits

The boys (including Babyzilla) are playing legos. I've cleaned the dining room, de-spidered the foyer, and tidied the kitchen. So, I thought I'd come chat for a bit.

This template must go. Not liking it one bit. Don't leave comments until then, 'cuz I'll lose 'em! ;-O

Big Boys and VBS- I have to laugh at first impressions. Twice, John attended the Sunday School class at this new church. He loved it, he flourished. All reports were the same: "Very outgoing, very interactive, very pleasant child." Last Sunday, (3rd visit) they moved him to the 4yo class. He was punky from lack of sleep, anyway, still off kilter from the last two weeks of swim. He bolted. He begged to be in James' class. He then stood in the corner in James' class and refused to speak or move or sit. So today, as I took him in for VBS, the director caught me at the front and said, "John doesn't do well without you, so if you want to sit in on his class, you can." I appreciate the proactive approach, but Huh? Doesn't do well without--- ohhhh! She met him for the first time just yesterday. Funny. I took him to the door, the 3yo teacher has the pre-K class for VBS, and she treated him like he was the most outgoing, enthusiastic child in the world. Meanwhile, the co-director was en route to make sure she had multiple ways of getting in touch with me in case he melted down. For the record, he had a great time. And I love the staff involved with this VBS.

James had a good time, too, although there is a wee bit o' 'tude the kid's carrying around, and we aren't sure how best to have it removed. Lobotomy? Hypnosis? Shock therapy? We'll see.

Screens- have to buy screen material and fix our back screen door. What was your normal wear and tear hole by the handle has been, um, enhanced, and will now let through all manner of insects and perhaps a few small birds. Grrr.

I'm going to go play with templates. I'll update in a bit.

~Dy

No comments: