Tuesday, July 20

Louie Armstrong was right.

"What a wonderful world!"

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a lovely day. The boys made cards and signs and wrapped things for me that we had laying around the house. We had pizza for lunch, which they both thought was a wonderful way to spend a birthday! ;-)
 
Nifty things I learned on my birthday:
* Motorcycles feel like they're going really, really fast when you're doing 45mph.
* The fear of burning your leg on the exhaust pipe will cause you to stay tense enough to actually feel tired when you finally get off the bike and relax.
* Dinner without children is oddly quiet and fast. I'm not entirely certain I like that feeling.
* There is never a point where you get tired of seeing your children's faces when they give you something they've made.
* Daddies can be sneaky, too.
* I really am truly, deeply, happily content with this point of my life. Death clock and all. ;-)
* I couldn't have seen any of my life at this point, but wow, what a great place to be!* I need more brain candy- my reading as of late has my elderly brain reeling.

I have to say that I am so incredibly in love with Zorak. He is the best. I received two wonderful gifts for my birthday, neither of which may sound like phenomenal gifts, but they were perfect! (A large barrel curling iron and a motorcycle helmet: one I asked for and the other is a show of Zorak's love and affection toward me- very cool.) I will say that having a husband who listens to you is one of the most romantic things a woman could dream of!
Our neighbors took the boys (all three of them!) for the evening, and Zorak and I hopped on the bike and rode off for a nice, quiet dinner. We had steak. I got to eat all my veggies (you have no idea how long it's been since I've eaten one full serving of vegetables at one setting... normally the boys eat theirs, the extras, and then mine, too!) It was lovely. Then the rest of the evening went something like this:
"What would you like to do next?" Asked Zorak.
Hmmmm. "Know what? I really want to go home and kiss my babies before they go to sleep. Can we do that? Then we'll put on a pot of coffee and hang out together?"
So we came home. *sheepish grin* We collected our youngin's and came back. They'd had a downright spectacular time with the wonderful neighbors, but were also very lovey and snuggly and just plain happy to see us. That felt good.

We are into Chapter 3 of The Hobbit (told ya we're taking the scenic route through Tolkein's world!) The trolls were quite an adventures, and James clued in instantly that it was Gandalf causing the recurrent fights. He is thoroughly enjoying this time together, and reminds me daily that he loves it.

Zorak is reading The Magician's Nephew to the boys. It is wonderful that they are seeing that men "about Daddy's age" (to quote John) read, and enjoy books. Still, I feel a little left out... I love C.S. Lewis. Maybe I'll start sitting in on Daddy story time if the boys don't mind (it might be "guy time", if you know what I mean.)

BTW, if you want a good read, try Charlotte A. Twight's Dependent on D.C. Excellent read thus far!

G'nite!
Dy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

You wrote, ""What would you like to do next?" Asked Zorak.
Hmmmm. "Know what? I really want to go home and kiss my babies before they go to sleep. Can we do that? Then we'll put on a pot of coffee and hang out together?" "

Ahhh. . . That sounds just my speed. *grin*

Blessings,
TulipGirl