Thursday, July 29

I think my muse is sick.

It may have dementia, or perhaps simply a very warped sense of humor. Whatever the problem is, inspirations come fast and hard... while I'm stuck in traffic. When I sit down to the keyboard, you can hear the opening theme from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly whistling in the walls as tumbleweeds scamper across the desk.

Blogger found the ghost in the machine, and it's not ME and my big mouth! WooHoo! (Note the absence of wayward text in the sidebar!) BIG thanks to the Blogger folks!

VBS Days are not text-rich days. I can honestly say that without feeling guilty. We get up, get dressed, eat. We leave. Jacob and I come home. He passes out on the couch. I clean. We pick up the boys, come home and hide from the humidity. Soon, Zorak is home and suddenly it's midnight. If I weren't actually witnessing this process, I would swear I was hiding (or forgetting) something.

Reading: so far this week, I've finished re-reading The Waste Lands (Dark Tower 3) and The Gunslinger (Dark Tower 1) (which is, pretty much, the order in which I read them originally), and read Song of Susannah (Dark Tower 6) . I just love Roland of Gilead and his ka-tet. Yes, I know I'm not reading them in order. I read what I can get, when I can get it. I think books four and five may have come in today. Smidget and I will hit the library tomorrow to pick up whatever's waiting.

Zorak is nudging me to begin writing again. I am willing and eager, yet, what's the word I'm looking for here? I don't know, it's that darned demented muse issue. Not to mention the short attention span. Yes, that may have something to do with it. How do you pick up again when you haven't written for a long, long time? (This would be another good place to insert the theme music. I wonder if I could upload a .wav file to the blog?) Anybody want to take in an apprentice?

Well, it is late (far later than I thought! Yikes!) so I am going to say goodnight here and go visit the boards and blogs while I savor one last cup of coffee. See you in the morning!

~Dy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest (he's 17!) loves the Dark Tower books. In his last letter from boot camp he said that he can't wait to get back to read them again.
Happy Reading!
Shannon

Barbara said...

I've wished for a voice recorder for those ideas that come while I'm driving; sure would be neat to capture some of that fast-disappearing inspired stuff. But no, all gone 30 sec later.

It never occurred to my rigid-about-books mind to reread a series out of order. I'm shocked at the idea, yet intrigued. Especially since we have Narnia's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader here from the library for the moment and I'm tempted to pick it up, but that would mean skipping Prince Caspian. The horror! LOL :)

Donna Boucher said...

You did it Dy...you fixed your blog!
I had a snaffu with mine today and I could not rest until I figured it out.

I'm not too patient with the trial and error method...
But alas, I'm learning.

Did you see The Muse with Sharon Stone and Albert Brooks?

Donna

J-Lynn said...

If he's anything like George he'll tell you to write again and then leave you with screaming children in the background - "oh, sure honey, inspiration just FLOWS in the chaos". LOLOL

You SHOULD write, you are great at it!

Love you.

Jess

L said...

Glad Blogger helped you work the bugs out!

On our three hour tour back over to the island this afternoon, I found myself bursting with ideas. My Excursion has a VERY handy clip to hold papers right on top of the center console, so I was scribbling with my right hand, steering with my left. Luckily, for everyone's sake, I take the road less traveled. Off to decipher my notes...

L said...

In honor of your muse:

http://quizilla.com/users/mazzygirl/quizzes/Seek%20One%20of%20the%20Nine%20Greek%20Muses/