Wednesday, July 14

Books, buildings and children

*mumble, mumble, concrete set, piers, mmmmm, wiring.... mumble*

Oh! Hi there! I didn't see you come in. This GIGANTIC pile of BOOKS has had us somewhat, erm, distracted, today. *cheezy grin* Pour yourself a cup of coffee (or herbal tea for my recently decaffeinated friends!) and have a visit.

Ellen shared this great quote with me, and it left me giggling, so I thought I would share it here ('cuz not everyone reads or leaves comments...)
"When I have money, I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothing" -- Erasmus

Oh, so true, so true! It's a good thing we have little mouths to feed or we'd be hungry, nekkid, and living amidst a very poorly organized library!

Well, the Lord has taken pity on me. After surviving the last round of swim lessons, tomorrow James will be in the ten o'clock Level 2 class. WAHOO! We'll be poolside for two hours straight, but we won't be hauling a sleeping baby from bed at seven thirty in the morning, and I'm certain we will all be the happier for it! It's important to appreciate the small things, ya know. ;-)

Tulipgirl, oh, yes, we have looked at straw bale construction. We have plans for a straw house. We once thought we would always live in the wonderful, arid climate of Arizona or New Mexico... but those plans will have to remain tucked away for our "someday" house. The mold and moisture level here would flatten a straw house before you could get the sheething on it! Yikes! BTW, what part of AZ, if you don't mind me asking? I was born and raised in Prescott, and that's also where Zorak went to college. Also, as an aside, I am so embarrassed to admit that I JUST RECENTLY clued in to your username. Tulip... yeah, got it. I kept thinking you were in Holland, then thought, "Well, no, that's not right..." *sigh* Just think of me as the theological acronym flunkie! ;-)

Um, OK, so I just drew a total and complete blank... I haven't a clue what I was going to say. Sorry. Just *poof* gone!

I'm gonna go blogrun and will come back if I think of it. If not, well, have a lovely day and enjoy those precious little ones!

Dy




No comments: