Saturday, July 24

All On A Saturday Night!

Ah, well, mostly it was Saturday Day, but I've got that song stuck in my head.

Susan- you will SO have email after I get done blogging! There is a special place in software heaven for kind souls like you. :-) Thank you! Or, if I don't get back on, it's the "rounders 2" template at blogger. :-D

The boys, Zorak and I spent around ten hours today scaling, printing, gluing and building a 1/40th scale model of the house design. The boys had a blast with the glue and the layout. They brought down their Green Army Men to act as inhabitants. Jacob got in on the fun, as well. At one point I heard Zorak call upstairs, "Could you bring the house back down, please?" James whispered furitively from the top step, "Are you insane? You have two choices: upstairs and safe, or downstairs, drooled on and torn apart! What do you think? We're not bringing it down!" We assured him (once we quit laughing) that Babyzilla would not tear apart the house. They were doubtful, but obedient. They're very good boys.

That was pretty much all we did today. Well, and I read many (many) books over (and over) again. A few of these books may find themselves returned long before their due date. *wink* When a 4 year old child has only had a book for three or four days and has it memorized verbatim, it's easy to understand a mother's desire to make it "go away", no? Want to hazard a guess as to which one will go first?

I talked to Gram today, and also to Granny Bette (my Aunt Bette, but she prefers the "Granny" moniker that John bestowed upon her, and I love her, so she's "Granny" now). There are days I wish we could scoop these two ladies up and just wrap them in our hearts forever and ever. I cannot imagine the world without them, and it's a far better place for having had them over the last few decades (relatively speaking, it's an old, old world...) We all wish they lived closer to us, or that we lived closer to them. Either way, we all wish we were closer. I need to start knitting or crocheting or tatting again, too. Hope this weather cools off soon so we can get started!

Oh, Zorak needs to print another roof. Gotta run! Be good to each other, and have a lovely Sunday!

~Dy

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Hey you, I'm back! LOL

If you need ANY help with any technicalities on the house, I have a good friend here that is going through a nightmare building her house. Her husband and her are super involved in the plans and building and the workers aren't used to that and most don't like it. Anyway, going through this process has made her aware of so much so if you ever need any help LMK and I'll get you guys in touch.

Love you!
Jess

Susan said...

Probably you should send me your actual template - I assume you've made some changes to the original, so the best bet is to see the real thing. ;)

Happy to help!