Friday, November 21

Saturday

Scout hike. In the morning. On the mountain. It's down to 16 degrees tonight. And tomorrow's the start of deer season. And... sixteen degrees, people! This couldn't have been arranged sometime in September?!?

Melissa reminded me that there's no such thing as inclement weather, just inadequate clothing. *snort* Unfortunately, the clothing we have IS inadequate. When we pulled the winter coats out today, we discovered James has no coat. I would blame myself, but honestly, I bought his coat over-sized last year! What business that child had, growing two full sizes over the summer, is beyond me. Guess we'll discover the Power of Layers tomorrow, huh? He's going to look like Ralphie's little brother.

And yes, I'm taking the camera. Because we just haven't scarred the child enough lately.

The Littles and I are going to tag along, visit friends, and hopefully do a little shopping while Zorak and the boys do the three-mile hike. In the cold. We'll think of them while we're waiting in line at the coffee shop.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Laura said...

Been there! At least nine times, to tell the truth.

Layering DOES work!

Sheila said...

ZD and my Webelo are camping at the Webeloree this weekend. Last night it was 22 degrees here! They are a little north of us and on a lake.
Camping....in tents. I know I didn't pack enough for them. They didn't even have thermal underwear though they do have sweat suits.
I haven't heard from them today because cell phone covereage is spotty. I guess if they froze to death during the night, someone would have called me by now.
It's supposed to be 19 degrees here and God-knows-how-cold where they are.
I am worried to the point of incapacitation.

Buy long johns and layer them like crazy.

melissa said...

Dude! We are SO putting you n our hand-me-down list! As you know, Race has a "thing" about winter performance gear, and while Jack out grows this stuff, I am pretty sure it could make it through at least 3 more kids. Can't wait to hear about the hike!

Urban Mom said...

I'm with you.... coffee shop. A hike to the coffee shop. That's about my speed on a freezing-cold day!