Thursday, November 20

Gah.

Sunny is dead. She's slipped her gears, or something. But she won't even do a wheelie for me right now. She just makes a whirring noise and then smells bad.

And it was a wimpy little two-loaf batch of regular old bleached white flour bread! No rye! No whole wheat! No sorghum. There wasn't even flax seed or xanthan gum in there! Wahhhhhh. I guess it really is the little things that'll get ya.

And, I would say "may she rest in peace"... but I've got dough to pick out from under my fingernails right now. And I should probably go explain to Smidge why that was not the absolute *best* time to come ask if he can have some candy... since, "Um, Mommy is having some trouble right now. I need you to leave the kitchen. Now. Please." didn't seem to register with him, and he kept asking.

Gah.

We may not leave the house today.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Melora said...

I hope Sunny is still under warranty.
Nope. Never heard of a lighting crew ($600??? good grief!) for a church play. Seems like an odd way for a church to spend a whole lot of money to me, but maybe it is normal for a big church?

Jenni said...

Reading the little snippet of this post that showed up on my blogger dashboard, I had a twisted thought. Sunny? TBCNW? !!! Oh, that is so wrong. And sick. And just wrong. But I just came back from cleaning my mom's house and I've been having very dark thoughts like that about her cat. I love cats. Except that cat. I'm allergic and I spent the day wearing a dust mask and looking like Michael Jackson. Ever sneeze while wearing one of those masks? Yuck. But wouldn't it be funny if TBCNW's name was Sunny? I love irony:o)

mere said...

Awww. So sorry about Sunny. Gosh, she wasn't very old...Maybe she is still under warranty?

That's really a shame.

mere

H said...

Oh, Dy. I'm so sorry. A mother should never have to live to see the death of her mixer. It's just wrong.

Unnatural. It's unnatural.

Wait- Isn't Sunny less than a year old? There must be some sort of warranty you can take advantage of.

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry about Sunny, RIP, but if you eventually decide to get something to kind of replace her get a Bosch mixer. It is worth saving up for because you put everything in and mix it and knead it in there. Then just slap it in pans to rise once and then bake it. No two risings. But then you do have to bake it in regular oven. We gave up on bread machines because of the weird shape and hardness of the loaves even if they were slightly convenient. Hope you all stay warm today and the mountain walk is great for them, blessings.