Tuesday, December 29

Tuesday

Just Tuesday. It's trash day, and I overslept (man, our bed is comfortable, and the blankets over the window for warmth have the added distraction of also making me think it's still 5:30, no matter how late it gets), but it looks like Zorak got up and at 'em and got the trash out. He also left coffee and a fire. It's like Santa's slightly odd cousin came. He doesn't leave wrapped gifts, but it's still a wonderful feeling.

We aren't supposed to get back to schooling until the fourth. But... yeah. We might ditch that plan and start back today. The lack of structure is about to kill all of us. Maybe just math, Latin, reading and music. That would make for an easy week back, and it would also keep us from spending the day wallowing in mindless entertainment while the debris piles up around us. Not that that's a bad thing, per se, it's just that after two weeks of it, we need to dig our way out and find the path again.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I don't know if you could say it's the lack of structure killing me here. I mean, structure would have to be the norm for me to miss it, right? My days are pretty loose and unscheduled during this season of my life, but I have my own rhythm. That rhythm is definitely disrupted by all the holiday hoopla. So, I guess it's more an introduction of chaos than an absence of structure that is getting to me. Sure, it's a nice chaos, but there's only so much I can handle. I'm ready for my rhythm, my routine, my boring, non-holiday, normal life.

Dy said...

>>I guess it's more an introduction of chaos than an absence of structure that is getting to me<<

Oh, my, yes! I hear you, there.

Some days, I think we've got a grip on the chaos (the level of which would absolutely destroy myself of 20 years ago). I mean, it's chaotic, but it's our normal routine of sorts. And then the holidays come and I think... Wow. Hold on... *thud*

Happy recovering from the new chaos!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that picture ~ happy boy:)

P

melissa said...

Well I for one am enjoying my holiday chaos to it's fullest. (However, I seem to remember waaaay back in the olden days, when my big kids were little kids, that the lack of normal routine almost killed me.)
But...who is that big boy in your picture? Please tell me that is not your baby. That is not your baby, right?...RIGHT?!