Tuesday, December 29

Buddy: Felted Jackal, Family Dog

This is Buddy. He's new here.

He's a Yellow Lab/Heeler mix. Probably some other things in there, too, like hyena or jackal. Not entirely sure. But he's got a good temperament and seems to be well aware that this is his crew. Mutts are good like that, in our experience.


Santa brought him for all the kids,

But... mainly, for John, who has felt most severely that puppy-shaped hole in this home, and in his heart since we lost Balto. You can see the look on his face, here.

He could not believe his eyes when Buddy came snuffling through the foyer...

He could hardly speak for a few minutes afterword. I think we nailed it.

And so, A Boy and His Dog begin a beautiful friendship.


They picked his name well. Buddy.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Dy, that picture is priceless! I hope that John and Buddy have many years together.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

Jean in Wisconsin said...

Oh, how sweet! My youngest would like a dog, but what he wants and what I want are worlds apart. Maybe we will find a compromise yet...

Merry Christmas, Dy

Jean in Wisconsin

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! How FABULOUS! I am so happy for all of you.

Pamela

melissa said...

WHAT!? How did I not know about Balto??!! Awww...I feel for 'em. Our Jeb passed away after 13 yrs last year. But it looks like Buddy is an awesome fit!! What sweet photos! I have missed your blog so much.