Wednesday, December 23

Shameless Retread of the Day

It is nearly three o'clock. I'm copying this from a discussion with friends and calling it good (with some modification for clarification and compliance with witness protection agreements, etc.). Here's how the day went...

I had a psychotically non-stop day.

We hit the restaurant supply, hoping to find a slightly shorter chafing tray, but no luck. Narrowly avoided being car #2 in a five-car-pile-up, when some idiot cut across three lanes of traffic and then couldn't get into the turn lane so he came to a complete stop perpendicularly in my lane -- in a 50mph zone -- thank God the motorcycle behind me and the semi-truck beside him both reacted quickly or it would've been ugly.

Hit Ace Hardware for screws, a bar sink for the play kitchen, upholstery cleaner... they don't sell likker, or I'd have grabbed some at that point.

We did make it to Penny's, where I returned my latest Really Bad Purchase. (Jeans. When I bought them, I wasn't sure about them, but I was semi-desperate. So I brought them home and tried them on for Zorak. I didn't even have them zipped before he said, "No. Take them off. No. Bad fit.")... he liked the other pair, though, so I figured I'd just switch out while we were at the mall.

The kids bought our Christmas guest a microwave omelet maker. (They'd wanted the egg poacher, but saw the omelet maker and just *had* to do that, instead. "Because, really, an omelet is a more substantial meal, Mom.") Naturally, right?

Then I tried to run the gauntlet to Belk, at the other end of the mall, for the jeans-that-fit. But they have a Merry-Go-Round, and that aggressive lady hawking some kind of nail product (she's awfully Mediterranean Market Touchy, too. Dang.), and the fountain, and the candy store, and...

I got within 20 yards of Belk and gave up. I kid you not. We turned around, hit the Merry-Go-Round, and left the mall. No screaming, no fits, no problems, but I just didn't have anything left and realized if I pushed, I'd end up taking it out on the kids, who didn't exactly ask to run errands in the first place. I'm still somewhat pantless, but also guiltless for the day, so it's a win. (Score!)

We came home and baked and baked and baked, cleaned and baked and cleaned.

And now... I'm tahred.


Kiss those babies!
~Dy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Pantless and baking ~ what a Holiday combo ~

P:)