Thursday, October 16

Playing With Pictures

The barn is fun to photograph. Plus, I have a thing for Autumn afternoon light. It's the best light in the world, I think. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Gives everything a happy glow. It just whispers, "You made it through summer. Yay you."
One of these pictures has been sharpened, and the other had the "film grain" filter applied to it. I haven't had enough coffee, yet, to see a difference. May be the subject matter, though. Can you see a difference?
Also, can you see the watermark? Picasa added that feature in the last upgrade, and I've been wanting to try it out. Not because I think my pictures are just so awesome that everyone will want to steal them and enter them in their county fairs as their own (although the thought makes me chuckle - wouldn't that be a silly thing to do?) Just because I think it's neat. And it's a nice additional protector against people who steal pictures of children and claim that those are their own. (Did you know people do that? How weird. Get your own kids. Or send money to help feed these.)
Kiss those babies!
~Dy
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melora said...

No answers here. The pictures look the same to me -- both very nice.
That spider in your last post is Too Horrible.

melissa said...

I can't see the difference. But then I have been at the orthodontist this morning since 8 am, and haven't had NEARLY enough coffee yet, so don't mind me.

(sigh) I want a barn to photogragh.

Jenni said...

I love this picture! Of course old barns and autumn are some of my very favorite things. Not having them side by side makes it too hard to tell the difference. I noticed when I clicked the pics to big them that the bottom one says barn+door+grain or something, so there's a clue. I can't see the watermark at all even when the pics are enlarged.

I like that, "Get your own kids; or send money to help feed these." Too funny!

Dy said...

OK, I'm glad it's not just me. I can't figure out why the watermark isn't coming up. *shrug*

Jenni, yeah, I had to put that in the title or I'd forget what I did to it. A lot of my photo files are like that "bw sharp", or "sm", if I've changed things on it. There may be a better way to keep track, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Konkadoo said...

I can't see a difference on those but I really wish the picture below was a lot more fuzzy. I am not a spider fan.

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Thank heavens you said that re: the lack of watermark. I'm looking and thinking WTH? I see no watermark, and I'm wearing my spiffy new glasses and everything! :)

I like the photo, can't see a difference between the two.