Sunday, October 26

Busy, Busy

Has it been four days? Sorry 'bout that. With Zorak out of town, and new schedules all-around, I lost track of time. However, he's back, we're all rested up, and we just had the best Saturday!
James and I headed into town early for his Citizenship badge service project. He picked the project, and put it together on his own - making contacts, getting all the legwork done. It was hideously difficult for me to let go and let him handle it all (and I didn't hit it spot on, at first, but eventually I did my part and got out of his way). He did his part and pulled it off splendidly.
We arrived in time to help unload the truck and set up (this was for Angel Food Ministries). Then we spent the next three hours putting together food boxes and assisting customers with hauling things to their cars. I didn't take any pictures because we were too busy learning the ropes and trying to stay helpful. Well, James stayed helpful. I hung out in my corner, drinking coffee and hauling heavy things when needed. He was the brains of this organization. He just took me along for the muscle and the driver's license.
From there, we headed to the downtown Fall Festival in Decatur. Nothing like sugar, costumes, sugar, music,

and a little more sugar, to make a day fun!

Yes, those are basically Pixie-Sticks, but the tube is the diameter of a Sharpie, and as long as a twirling baton. WEEEE! Interestingly, it was the church we've been attending that had this set-up. I think we may let the kids have their sticks for breakfast before church tomorrow... just as a thank-you to the Children's Minister. ;-) (I jest - she planned for the kids to eat them on the spot and then just ping up and down the street until the effects wore off, I'm sure.)

The weather was gorgeous, just cool enough to necessitate a hat for Jase. You know, those just don't work so well once they've been chewed on for an hour or two. Ew.

Ben and Claudia brought their kids. The sheer mass of children vibrating around created some serious momentum, so we adults just wandered along behind - it was like a cattle drive, but without horses, and it smelled better. Just as noisy. But, oh-so-cute!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bob and Claire said...

Looks like a fun festival!! Thanks for your kind words a little while ago. I've hardly been on the computer at all lately, it seems. We're actually dealing with a bit of a (health I guess you'd call it) crisis here, and the future, as far as where we'll be living and what we'll be doing, is really unclear. A scary time, to be honest. And I can't really talk about it on the blog yet, so it's hard to just post about little things! We should know more by the end of this week, I would think. Sigh--it's hard to trust when it seems like everything is spiraling out of control. Well, I really didn't set out to hijack all your lovely pictures!!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Okay, I was just scrolling down, looking at the pics, and yeah, Zorak could be Alton Brown's brother, right down to the hair.