Sunday, October 12

The Magnificent Mere! (More Photos)

OK, so here we have The Mamas, hanging out and watching over the masses. My utilitarian, yet utterly futile, attempt at keeping my hair from the Wee One's clutches is painfully evident in this shot (thanks for the heads up on that, Honey...) But look at Mere - so poised, so pretty, so in shape - and that necklace? She made it. Herself. With fire. She rocks.
AND, she made this little gem of a dress, which I've had a hard time getting off EmBaby long enough to wash. (Bless you, Mere, for making it machine washable!) Oh, yeah, and Em does have different shoes, but, well, where there are goats, there is goat poop. Sandals, not such a good idea. Once again, function wins out over form in our little clan.

But oh, that dress! I believe the fabric on the bodice, or actually, all the non-solid fabric - with all the swirly, lovely, flowery designs on it, came from our Donna (Quiet Life Donna - Donna of the psychotically photogenic children and the sweet wit). And that plum color - it's a perfect match. It swirls, it spins, it feels good to the touch. It fits perfectly. *sigh*

(And at this point, I just stand in awe, and feel kinda cool by association. Yup, I know incredibly talented people. That doesn't make me talented in any way, but it does mean I have really neat friends.) Thank you, Mere!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

mere said...

Oh! The dress looks really cute on Emily! Okay, I have to go ahead and finish SJ's.

You are so sweet. I'm blushing a little...And hello! Please don't discount your own amazing talents which are many, on account of a few of my own...I don't think I could recover a couch, or build a deck, or travel across the country with five kiddo's. Not to mention a very encouraging and sweet friend. I don't think anyone who reads this blog or knows you in any way could say you are not talented. Seriously.

That is a great picture of us...I'll have to print that one out for my fridge!

Have a great day!
mere

Meliss said...

You two are beautiful! And I love the way the dress matches the sunset. :)

Laura said...

Love the dress!

melissa said...

Awwwww....Emily is growing up way to fast! Beautiful dress. And ladies...pat yourselves on the back-You both look amazing!
Melissa in VA

Urban Mom said...

That might be the first picture I've seen of you! You're beautiful! And you're right.... that dress is precious. What a little cutie who's wearing it, too.

Jenni said...

Y'all are both gorgeous! I love both the necklace and the dress. The fabric is from Miz Booshay? Did she weave it or tie dye it or something? And how did Mere make the necklace "with fire". I need to know these things. I'm in awe of you all! (Yes, you too, Miss DIY Dy!) As for me, well, I can shovel manure really nicely and I know how to keep a tack room tidy. Let me feed off your creative energy!

mere said...

Hey Jenni,

Here's the post about the fabric. She had originally bought it for a quilt that never got made, so she sent it to me:

http://theuglytrunk.blogspot.com/2007/07/look-what-i-got-in-mail-today.html

As far as the necklace goes I made it when I was an art major, completely from scratch with the aid of my trusty torch and a few other handy metal working tools. Now that I am a mother to three curious boys I no longer do anything with the torch. Maybe someday in the future...

mere