Thursday, June 10

Some Days

Some Days are sweet, like the scent of a honeysuckle blossom that lingers long after you've closed the windows and put away the supper dishes...

We had our sweet little neighbor girls over for a couple of hours this afternoon. I tell ya, if we had any hope of having girls like these two, I wouldn't panic before each ultrasound. These girls are just the greatest. The boys adore them, too, and treat them with such deference, such kindness. I love it. We did crafts and built things with the pvc pipes. I pretended to be a growly bear who wanted to eat children. The boys pounced upon me and gave me quite a squishing when I chased after either of the girls. I am really, really sore. Still, we had a really, really great time. Jacob followed the action with glee, laughing and giggling as the kids ran laps around the downstairs, smiling and clapping when one of the girls stopped to give him snuggles.

Jacob is getting the second tooth (of eight that are currently jockeying for position). It is the other canine. Oh, I do hope we can get some pictures of that once they're in farther. He's clapping now. When we say "Yea!", he smiles and claps with such a savory, intentional delight that it's intoxicating. He is also waving hello and goodbye to people, mostly his favorite people.

John has been out cold by seven PM three times this week. I'm not sure why he's so sleepy, but he's very sweet about it. He simply announces at the supper table that he's feeling a little sleepy and would like to go to bed. He brushes his teeth and falls into bed- sound asleep before his head hits the pillow.

James has been absolutely thrilled to be helping Zorak with the motorcycle and is just chomping at the bit to invent something that will help make motorcycle maintenance easier. He's still in his face-making mode when we break out the camera and to be honest, it's been a year and I would like, just once in a while, to get a nice picture of him when he's not doing his Jim Carrey impression.

Today Zorak completed the tweaking and fine tuning on The Mistress. She has a lot more umpf than he suspected, particularly once he replaced the spark plugs and had her running on both cylinders. I had to laugh, as my mechanical experience is mainly with the Chevy 350's- I've had that puppy running on just four cylinders before and done quite well, thank you. (Not that I'm proud of the fact, but simply to illustrate that the two cylinder engine is an amazingly simple, yet totally foreign animal to me.) He also got (not to start a Jim Carrey theme tonight... this is the last one, I promise) a Me, Myself and Irene helmet! (Only, Zorak's is all black... and he doesn't usually have that goofy look on his face.)

Tomorrow, a fresh new can of worms to open: government intrusion into private homes and how Sheeple are giving away their rights without having a CLUE.

Tonight, well, hey, it's almost three. I'm goin' to bed.

'Nite!

No comments: