Thursday, June 24

Snippets and Such

It's not "Johnathon"... John's legal name is "John". It's a family name. It's a short name. I would have thought is is an easy name. Evidently not. There is one instructor in John's swim class who insists on calling him "Johnathon". I've told her, repeatedly, "It's just John, not Johnathon," but she evidently doesn't believe me. The thing is, she gets frustrated with him because he doesn't answer. Well, no, of course not! She might as well call him "Bob" for all the good it's going to do! Sheesh.

James swam the length of the pool today with a lifevest on. He wore himself out because he was dog paddling, but the look of sheer and absolute joy on his face when he made it was worth every ounce of sweat and determination he put into it. He was so proud that he not only went to "the deep end" (5 ft.) but he floated while he was there and he did it all on his own! John stood poolside and cheered him on. It was very cool.

Jacob had a well-child visit with our pediatrician today. We don't normally do them, for various reasons, namely that we have yet to find a doctor who actually does anything at a well-child visit to make it worth our time. However, with a new doctor, I think a baseline visit is important, so in we went. He's a little over 27" long, doing well and a very well-developed little guy (shocker, huh?) The one thing we didn't expect, though, is that he weighs a mere 15 pounds! Wow, how'd that happen? We've never had a child who hadn't tripled his birth weight by nine months! Even the doctor was surprised, and we re-weighed Jacob just to be sure. He doesn't look skinny, doesn't show any signs of a problem. He has the two chins and roly-poly arms that are typical of our babies... all his other developmental milestones are good-to-go. Anyhow, Doc and I agreed that since everything else is fine, it's not an issue. We did go ahead and schedule a follow-up for him for September, though, to keep an eye on things.

That's about it here. We are enjoying the boys thoroughly, and the weather has been downright heavenly. This swim schedule is going to be the death of me. I am serious about hiding when it's over. I'm sure the boys will keep me stocked with cookies and Zorak wouldn't mind putting the coffee pot by the nightstand...

A few quickies before I head out (Zorak needs to track down a new battery for the Mistress):

Krista- your blog is once again refusing to load on my server. I'm going to call my ISP b/c I really, really miss reading your blog!

Kolbi- ok, your Nation is gone, your blog is dormant, and you aren't emailing anyone. Shall we call the Search & Rescue team? You ok? Tap once for yes...

Donna, I love the deet-filled memories!

Jess, we keep missing each other. I love and miss you- kiss those kiddos for me!

Check out the blogs in the sidebar- there are some great posts there today!

Talk to y'all tomorrow!
Dy

No comments: