Tuesday, June 8

Quick Howdy!

Good Tuesday Morning!

*whew* We are making it. Nearly finished clearing up some issues that had sprung upon us like rabid pit vipers whipped up by a stinkin' tropical storm... oh, look, there goes Auntie Em! Bye, bye! ARGH. (I'll blog more about it when all is said and done, but for now, please pray for peace and wisdom for me.)

Boys are great. Weather is gorgeous. We are going to President Reagan's funeral on Friday, as Zorak has off and we will be able to attend as a family. I'm thankful that we can observe this day together.

The Mistress, as I have dubbed the motorcycle, is doing well and getting more attention to her wiring and overall care than I have lately. Huh. Who knew? Actually, I hope this doesn't sound resentful, because I don't feel that way at all. It's really, really neat that Zorak has something that is his, something to work on and tinker with and enjoy. He's let so many of his passions and hobbies go by the wayside in order to provide first for us. This is a good time for him.

AND, the boys got to learn about wiring diagrams and how to rewire a bike yesterday! They had such a great time helping Zorak, and he is so incredibly patient and involved with them. I enjoyed watching the bonding take place and enjoyed letting the boys show me how to use the volt meter and explain to me how the wires work, which ones are grounded, which ones are hot. I'm surprised by how very much they learned in the whole process.

Busy week coming up. New driver's licenses tomorrow. Cicada talk at the library on Thursday. Trip to DC Friday. I don't even want to think about this weekend. Possibly a new church. Still wavering over that one. Unfortunately, it turns out that the one I had so wanted to attend offers Ezzo's "parenting" (and I use the term loosely) classes, and while my knee jerk reaction is that I do NOT want my children in a church that will support that mentality, Jess pointed out that it's quite possible the pastor is unaware of the truth behind it and perhaps we could positively influence a change. *sigh* I don't know. I was a much more effective crusader before I had children... now I just want to focus on the boys. (Yes, I know, set an example, fight the good fight... we'll see.)

Jill, Oh, Jill!! You need to email me, lady!

And while I'm putting out pages...

Laura in Korea or in the US or... where are you?

Kolbi, did you get lost in those North Carolina mountains and refuse to come back out?

Alrighty, all the business calls have been made today, and now I've decompressed on the 'puter, so it's time to go play with my sweet boys and remember why it is I haven't gone postal yet. (They need me. That's pretty much it. I need to go love on 'em and let them know what a wonderful blessing they are in my life.)

Talk to you later tonight!
Dy

No comments: