Friday, February 12

Today, we hide!

We've been out of the house every day this week. For homebodies like us, that is wrong on so many levels. Not to mention, leaving the house dinks with our mojo and then we get *nothing* else done around the house aside from... getting ready to leave the house.

I'm sure there are those who would say homeschooling is to blame, but in all honesty, I've been like this my whole life, and I've got almost two decades of institutional education under my belt. I was late for most of it, too. Some of us just aren't meant to be corporate go-getters. We know who we are. It's okay. You're safe, here.

So today, we plan to hide. We'll clean the house and have it ready for the weekend activities (whimper...) We'll bake bread to keep the living room warm (love that!) We'll catch up on our reading and spend time together. We've missed that. It's amazing how relatively cranky we all get when we can't just *be* together, at least a little bit, each day.

On other Domestic Miscellany fronts, I got my oils in yesterday! Grapeseed Oil and Squalene Oil. It's for making facial oil, but I told the boys I've decided to become a mad scientist. Then they learned where the Squalene comes from, and asked if, perhaps, I wasn't referring, instead, to alchemy. Goofballs. Hopefully, I'll get a batch mixed up today. I do hope KathyJo knows I'll be calling, begging for help, and that she'll be on speaker phone because there's likely to be oil *everywhere* and I won't be able to hold the phone. It's a good thing I don't want to make soap, isn't it?

And, that's about it, on the homefront! Well, there's a titch more, but I can't blog about it, just yet. (Not pregnant. Not moving. Nothing *big*. Well, not *big-big*.)

We're off to read!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Konkadoo said...

I'll join that club. I could be a founding member.

Amy said...

So with you. What does it say about me that Bud and I are going out of town this weekend and when I heard Luke's soccer games were cancelled because of the weather, I was sad I was going to miss it?

I'm sad I'm going to miss the soccer cancellations, because then we would get to STAY HOME! That is just messed up on a lot of levels.

I was sad to miss his games, too, btw, but a quiet weekend at home is hard to pass up.

I'll join that club.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....home with the lovies totally rocks. So grand you get to do that, and love it with a knowing-ness:)

Thanks for sharing.

Pamela