Wednesday, February 17

Mid-Winter Curriculum Yearning

It's the middle of the winter. The middle of the school term. The middle of the same books we've been looking at for months. Not a thing wrong with what we're using. Except that... it's the same. old. stuff.

I really need to remember this point, and schedule in some Radically Interesting And Different program for us to use in February and March. That would probably eliminate at least a few late nights bouncing between Project Gutenberg, Veritas Press, Amazon, and Myriad Booklists.

Or maybe not. Sometimes it's just fun.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

Maybe that's why we've kept to the school year we use. Because we never intended to send the boys away to school, they each began their first day of their first year of school on their birthdays, in January and February.

We school year round because:
1) There are inevitable interruptions and missed days.
2) Learning is just what we as a family do.
3) I never had a job where I got three months' paid vacation a year.

So I spend January and February planning the year's curriculum (and garden) and place my orders when our tax refund comes in February or March.

momanna98 said...

Ah, so it's not just me! I actually already hit my mid-school year blues, a few months ago.
I had my baby! Stop on over to see some pics!