Thursday, May 21

So late! Not sleepy!

It is a sick bit of humor, this whole technically not being nocturnal thing. Gah. And it only gets worse as summer approaches. (Although today, I had to give kudos to Zorak and I. It is the end of May, and there we sat, side-by-side, out in the yard, not complaining. Four years ago, by the end of May, we'd stopped venturing outside at all, let alone for leisure.)

Thank you for the great food ideas! I'm excited about trying some, and y'all got me lookin' for fun and feeling groovy. (I'm also trying desperately to get another song out of my head, so please forgive any further random lyric placement. It's all I've got, unless I want to go wake up one of the kids and make them talk to me of other things until it goes away.)

Zorak is the KING, folks. He rocks, and somehow, some way, managed to get the mower running. (And, as an added bonus, it now seems to be impervious to my diabolical efforts.) I mowed for two and a half hours. My butt is still numb, seven hours later, but the lower meadow looks almost great! Best. News. All. Week.

In his spare time, he has also been building me a pantry shelf for the basement, to replace the plywood and plumbing tape one we scabbed together two years ago. That one served us well, but it's a little ugly. And, being comprised mostly of scrap, it's a little saggy at this point. This new one's purty. And strong! It has a metal screen back, and doors up top, and will fit everything from coffee cans to five gallon buckets to coffee bags to canned goods and even those little sacks of coffee beans. To celebrate, I think I'll do groceries tomorrow!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that's prosperity ~ a Prince that can fix things and build pantry shelves...makes me happy sigh.

My sweet fella helped me lay out two new raised beds for the greenhouse babies to go into.
He needed lots of direction and praise, but yae! More usable garden space now exists and I always love reasons to tell people how fabulous they are, 'specially when they are cute and live in my house:)

Create a great day, and keep enjoying those bountiful blessings.

Pamela

momanna98 said...

The lawn mowing was one of the surprises of country life. We had no idea it would take so long!! I mean, we have a riding lawn mower. It should be fast! We've estimated it takes about 8 hours to mow our property. We need a cow. I'm sick of the numb butt feeling.