Saturday, May 23

Saturday

Well, that was odd. Tried to hit "enter" and posted an empty post, instead. And here, I thought I'd had enough coffee to get started today!

The boys are off on a Cub Scout hike. Three miles in the mountains. It's a gorgeous morning, and both Zorak and I are railing a bit against the fact that I'm the one who loves early mornings, getting out of the house on Saturday, hiking, (he just... doesn't) and yet he's the one co-opted to go this morning. I suggested we all go, but the idea of carrying Jase and EmBaby three miles in the mountains didn't really appeal to either of us. Then I thought perhaps I could go, and he could stay, but the boys expect Dad to go, if he can. Plus, he enjoys seeing them enjoy themselves. That's one of the things parenthood does: you do things you may not enjoy, just for the smile on the children's faces. It's a wonderful kind of selfishness that makes me love him all the more.

And so, the Smallest and I are home, wondering what to do next. I hate the thought of tilling or mowing with only the Littles. Maybe we'll just go dig. Or prune. Or gather limbs for a bonfire. Or maybe just ride around the property on the wagon? Since Zorak fixed the Little Red Wagon, we've had a lot of fun hauling children and limbs and more children and the occasional plant.

What to do with a quiet Saturday morning?

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hmmm...we really should get together sometime. You and I could take the kiddos on early morning hikes and the menfolk could just chill.

Anonymous said...

How dear ~ I love the vision of the boys hiking with their Papa and the littles hanging with Mom. Wagon rides sound like "kiddle heaven".

Our Saturday was leisurely: welcoming and socializing the new "hand me down" cat and making hanging baskets of flowers from the greenhouse to hang on the veranda. Lots of happy heart sighs and humming bird "buzz":)

Trusting the rest of your weekend was lovely, and thanks for sharing!
Pamela

melissa said...

Did you mow? You mowed, didn't you?

Dy said...

You know, Melissa, I don't think it's fair to try to egg on funny blog posts with your inside information. That's like... isn't that a Federal crime or sumpthin?