Sunday, May 17

Fences and Neighbors

Either our neighbors are going to have to get a grip on their chickens, or they are going to have to accept a certain amount of depredation on them. Either way, something's got to give. The chickens scratched the tea garden to pieces. They also went nuts on my oregano plant. I think that whole section of the yard is now in shock.

As I patted the plants back into place and put the mulch back where it belongs, I found myself thinking dark thoughts, like chicken stock and chicken casserole and chicken taxidermy.

We got everything put to rights, though, and then enjoyed the rest of the day. Church was lovely, and nobody fell asleep. We came home to rain, off and on, so we did pretty much nothing other than play Quiddler, watch a movie, and do laundry. Zorak grilled during a break in the cloud cover, and we enjoyed kabobs and beans for supper.

One wouldn't think one would be quite so wiped out by such a low-intensity day, huh? Surprise! I'm beat! And so, to bed.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Chicken mummy! So what if you've already done Ancients. You can never get enough of those Egyptians. Next chicken to cross the property line becomes Cluckankhamen. Better start the kids on making those canopic jars.

Ernest said...

I had to confine mine, ultimately. They were just causing too much damage in my garden. I'll let them out at times, so they won't be completely confined, but the little buggers won't be allowed to roam all over creation either.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That is totally not cool. Was James upset? Call up KFC and tell them to come get those chickens so Oprah's flock can get their free chicken dinners.