Saturday, February 14

Weekend Warrior - Project Blogging

This weekend, we have several projects to complete. *Edited to add a detailed shot of the tie-backs. They set off the denim on the couch, and pull in the cranberry from the futon chair. I am happy with them, and they were SO easy. Yay. Didn't get pics of much else this weekend, though, so this is it./edit*


The first: tie-backs for the living room curtains. Because nothing says, "I have completely given up trying" quite like using your couch to hold back the curtains. But have we given up? Well, not yet. So, I bring you the first completed project of the Warriors' Weekend Work:




The second: cull through the art in the basement and decide what gets hung. Then hang it. It is fortunate for me that Zorak forgot that was *this* weekend, or he may have had an emergency something-or-other to do up at Me-Wa's today. And tomorrow. Oh, and it might have taken 'til Monday. We're about 2/3 of the way through this one. I have six empty boxes and a pile of ready-to-hang framed things. But no pictures. Will do that tomorrow, when this project is complete.

The third: these stoopid little spots over the doors, one over the back kitchen door, and one over the hallway opening. We'd planned to do something interesting with wood there. Please don't ask, though. We don't remember what we were thinking. Which is probably why, three years later, they still aren't finished. However, we've decided we'll probably never remember what we were going to do, and so, the sheetrock is up and the mud is drying. Yay. (I took a picture, but Zorak pulled an Executive Order out of thin air and asked that I not post it.)

So, I will leave you with a photo from one of last week's project that didn't get blogged: balcony top rails. Wide enough for coffee cups, yes indeed.



Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Those are lovely curtains and tie backs. Someday I'm going to have curtains like that in my house. :)

Needleroozer said...

Two more days, and I will get to sit in that sun-filled window, sick on that lovely deck, and most importantly, snuggle with the princess in the photo, and all her princely brothers!
I can't wait to see your projects in person.
LB

melissa said...

Where'd ya get that mug?? Cool.
And did Em get her hair trimmed? Too cute!

The tie backs are perfect!! Yay you!!

Anonymous said...

You make me want to start building our house right now!
Oh the possibilities!
...sigh
it can't come soon enough.

Great job on the Weekend Warrior projects. (I'm sorry... every time I hear that word "warrior" I see Zena: Warrior Princess in my mind.)
Okay, side tangent here. Did you know she is on the new BSG? (Battlestar Gallactica) I must say I never liked that show the FIRST time around. This time around it's much better.
Okay, I'm done rambling now.
Thanks...
:-)
hugs, dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pictures of your baby girl, and the ones with the trees peeking in are so wonderful and evocative! Thank you for sharing.

Have a lovely time with Needleroozer:)

Pamela