Sunday, February 1

Sunday Somethings

Does anybody know why there is a little pink tricycle in my hallway? Two possibilities come to mind:

A) It's too cold to use it outside, but too much fun to leave it alone out there.
B) It's a Burmese Toddler Trap

I'm thinking B. Or a combination of the two.



Or maybe it was a mermaid trap? Nah, they don't live in hallways. Everybody knows that.

**********


I want to go back!

Today we nearly didn't make it to church. I hung in there through the oversleeping, and the children who evidently decided underwear weren't a necessity when laying out their clothes last night (but suddenly decided they were a must-have item that they were OUT OF this morning). I didn't lose it when breakfast kept going and going, long after that pink bunny's batteries up 'n died. But when church had already begun and only half of us were loaded into the car, and I turned around to find Smidge wearing sweats, still barefoot, I lost all will to fight.

Zorak asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him I wanted to stay home and yell at people. (Well, he asked.) He offered to take everybody to Lowe's and let me have some quiet time to do... whatever. It's a good indicator of my mental state that I didn't pounce on that, but instead said (half jokingly) that that wouldn't work because it didn't leave me anybody to yell at.

So, we went to church. Better late than never. And certainly better than yelling at people for no good reason. I've gotta say, the service sure does fly when you're only there for the last fifteen minutes of it.

**********


Then we all went to Lowe's. Not necessarily as much fun as napping on the beach, but definitely a bit more productive.

We came home and I washed every stitch of clothing we own. I swear, if anybody runs out of anything tomorrow morning, I'm giving up and declaring us a nudist colony.

The guys ran wiring and installed a new light fixture in the Scary Room. It's not so scary with warm, UV-showering light in there. That's how you eat an elephant - one bite at a time. We'll have this baby dished up with a stucco side dish in no time at all!

**********

And then I edited pictures. Which has nothing to do with this post, but there you go. Tell you what, to tie it in, I'll throw random vacation shots in throughout the post. That should tie it all together nicely.




(Much better.)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anne said...

Super cute photos! Especially the baby napping in the stroller. :o)

Amy said...

OH! I want to go to the beach. May I live vicariously through your pictures, please. It looks wonderful!

Enjoy your UV light and your clean clothes. The simple pleasures really make life worth living, don't ya think?

Rebel said...

Ooooo, the beach. I need some warm sand myself.

You have the patience of Job. I would have lost my temper during the long breakfast.

Urban Mom said...

You are a *much* better woman than me! I would have shoved everyone out and followed myself in circles muttering. Good on ya for making it all happen!

Love the beach shots. Oh, for a 70-degree trip to a beach!!!

PS: If you want, "friend" me over at Facebook. But if it's weird to friend someone you only know in cyber-space, I get that too.
=-)

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Love the pics, especially the mermaid. That is so freakin' cute.