Monday, February 16

Love Those Extra Days!

We got SO much done!

The living room and dining room are "nicely appointed" now. The wooden thingies above the doors are no longer wooden thingies, but have sheetrock and mud (now if we can figure out where we put the texture brush...)

The kitchen door (leading out onto the balcony) has a new threshold. And new to-code exterior electrical boxes. And wiring. And I think there's a light fixture out there, but it's just holding down the balcony right now.


The foyer looks like something other than a transfer station for recycling, donations, and childless shoes looking for their owners.


2 of Five and 3 of Five are registered for baseball. 4 of Five is torqued that we would not register her for T-ball on the argument that she's "three AND four" and, therefore, officially qualified to play T-ball in the 4-yo league. She'll get over it. I hope. Or, she won't, and it'll be a Really Long Season.

Jase is Officially Ours. He has a sense of humor, and we have opted to keep him. We had to light a fire this evening, and he was fascinated by the flames. Naturally, he'd crawl to it to check it out. So I gave him the "unh-unh-uhhh" warning. He stopped. Sat down. Turned to me and said, "unh-unh-uhhh," laughed, and resumed his trek to the flames. So, he gets it. He just thinks it's funny. Or optional. The boys think he's the funniest baby we've had yet. (If only they knew...)


The schoolroom is re-arranged and semi-functional. Though mostly as a reading nook and hang-out spot. But that's okay. We do a lot of reading and hanging out in our school. So that works out nicely.

It's going to be a beautiful, joyful week. I don't care if it kills me, it's going to be. Tons to get done, but I've got support coming, and am hopeful.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Lookin' good! I love that you framed and hung some of the kids' artwork.

Now about those fish tacos...care to share a recipe? The batter on my fish came out nice, but they were too heavy with grease. Does that make sense? Light, crispy batter with grease pockets. I used to think that was the best part when I was a kid, but I don't seem able to handle it now. Ugh. My stomach is not happy with me this morning, and I'm thinking next time I will just grill the fish or something. The restaurant fish tacos didn't do that to me though. Maybe it was just too soon after that stomach bug I had on Saturday? I don't know. The recipe definitely needs tweaking in some areas though.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots! Such feeling, and lovely colors. Thanks again for sharing.

Pamela

Melora said...

Love that picture of Em! She looks so intense. And your house is looking gorgeous! A transfer station is exactly what our entire back room (where we do school, pile coats & shoes, etc.) looks.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Hope you are feeling better.

Kathy