Wednesday, December 28

WOOHOO - Wood!

We broke down and bought a cord of wood to be delivered to the house. The delivery date was "sometime this week", so we've been waiting it out and watching our current supply dwindle (did I tell y'all that story?) The guy just called and will be here in about an hour! YAY!

And as an added bonus, it's been so lovely here yesterday, through the night, and today, that we haven't needed a fire for the first time since we moved in. I can clean the wood stove out. Yahoo!

There's sheetrock on one wall of the living room now, thanks to Zorak. Insulation in the dining room, and paint in the hallway today. I didn't think about texturing the rest of the bathroom before I painted the hallway, though, so that's going to have to wait a few hours, but it'll be done and ready to prime tonight. Oh. How. Thrilling.

And wood! Yay!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

2 comments:

Jules said...

Sure, Dy- you pick the week that I am sicker than a dog and trying to get a grip on the chaos of the holiday to come back and blog like a madwoman! ;)

I have enjoyed catching up on the latest from the Forever Home. It sounds as if the first of many Christmases to come has been a blessed one. I am excited for you.

The sense of accomplishment must be awesome, along with the peace of knowing you are "settled" and ready to live out the rest of your dreams. What a great feeling!

Can I ask you to take it easy in these last few weeks? Just a little bit? ;) Don't work too hard- you are having a baby soon you know!

And congrats on finding such a great dog. He is sure a cutie pie.

It's good to have you back.

pilgrimama said...

Yay! My favorite blogger is back! And I'm glad to reassure myself that she is normal after seeing the "slowing down" post! I was starting to think she was a superwoman...
Rest up-those uninterrupted nights won't be for too much longer ya know.But at least you'll get to sit and nurse,right? Hugs,Marcella